*- 14 - That's bollocks

YOUR POV

I woke up immediately when I heard a sound, but it was just Madame Pomfrey checking up on him.

"I don't think he'll wake up for a couple of hours. It seems like he hasn't slept much in the past few days", she said and left again. I studied his face. He looked tired. His skin was pale and slightly greyish. I took his hand and drew circles on the back of it with my thumb. His knuckles were bruised. That couldn't have been from hitting George. What had he done? George was softly snoring in a chair in the corner. The others had gone to bed by now. It was about three in the morning, but I didn't feel like sleeping.

Madame Pomfrey said he just blacked out because there was too much going on. A psychogenic blackout as she described it. I felt so bad. He was having a panic attack and all I did was scream at him. Throwing accusations at him, which only made it worse. I didn't know how he was feeling and I never even stopped to think about it. This whole thing had to be over as soon as possible. Things just had to be normal for a while.

His hand felt cold, so I rubbed it between mine as if that would have any effect. I followed the veins on his arms with my index finger and eventually, I fell asleep again.

FRED'S POV

I woke up in the infirmary and everything was a bit blurry. I rubbed my eyes and noticed someone holding my hand. I looked down and saw the wild locks of Y/N. What was she doing here? What had happened?

I tried to think back to the night of the Yule Ball, but it was causing quite the headache. I pushed George. Then Y/N came and she was angry. Everything after that was a black hole. Did I faint?

I looked down at Y/N again. She looked tired and frazzled. She was still wearing her Yule Ball dress, so I supposed it was the morning after. I sighed. I ruined her Yule Ball, that was a sure thing. I pushed away a strand of hair. She still looked beautiful. I really didn't deserve her. I just wanted everything to go back to normal, when we joked around constantly, when I teased her and she did the same, when I was falling madly in love with her, yet everything seemed just fine. Yet I knew that the chances of that happening were very slim.

I coughed, making her shoot up.

"Fred?" she asked frazzled and blinked a couple of times. She was so cute when she was tousled.

"Good morning", I said and she squeezed my hand.

"You're awake", she stated.

"Sure am", I said. She sighed, relieved, I think.

"Blimey. Don't scare me like that ever again", she said and hugged me.

"You're not angry at me?" I asked hopeful.

"Of course I am, but I'm just happy you're still alive for now", she said and I chuckled.

"You're not getting rid of me that easily", I said and smirked.

"Unfortunately", she joked, which made me smile.

"Well well, what have we got here?" I looked up and George was looking down at me. 

"I'm sorry Georgie", I said and he shrugged.

"It's all good", he said. "I should have talked to you about it first. I just thought it was the best solution."

"How are you feeling Fred?" Madame Pomfrey asked and joined us.

"A bit dizzy, but I'll be fine", I said.

"Well, the train leaves in about two hours, so you better hurry and pack your stuff", she said. Oh right, we were going back home.

YOUR POV