Chapter Two - Edited

All Rights Reserved.

Chapter Two

The dining room is bright. Bale's mother, Emma sat on the far end of the twenty four sitter dining table and on the other end is his father. In front of him is his sister Perill and two chairs away from his left is Lastin who has a slightly burnt hair.

"I heard explosion awhile ago.  I'm wondering who might it be." Emma said while slicing a well-done roasted beef on her plate.

Nobody answered her. The problem of Bale's sibling is not for him to worry anyway, so why bother answering his mother.

"Care to tell me who was it?" Emma continued when nobody answered her.

She glanced at the three of us but when she linger her eyes on me, I knew I have to answer.

"Not me." I took the glass of wine and drunk it.

"Darling, relax."

I heard my father said in a velvet voice across the table. I glanced at him. He's in his usual composure. Compare with mother, father is cooler and he has more patience. Mother is really scary in some way. She doesn't want us, her children to fight inside the castle. She always tells us that since we belong to the royal family, we should act according to our positions and not just some vulgar ordinary demon.

"How am I supposed to relax when a part of my home was burned down?" She exclaimed.

"It was already repaired darling."

"Yes it was! I just want to know what happened. I hope it was not you again, Bale."

"It wasn't me Mother. Why don't you ask my siblings about it." I glanced at Perill who look at me. Her eyes grew bigger as if silently telling me to shut up. As usual, I rolled my eyes in my mind.

"Lastin! Perill! Would you mind sharing me what happened?" Emma's tone is sweet but the absolute command and threat of anger lingers on the edge.

"It's Lastin's fault mother! He stole my Ortodym!" Perill pointed her brother Lastin who is silently eating his suffer.

"I didn't mother!"

"Oh yeah? You did! Bastard!" Perill yell.