Perfection (Epilogue)

Start from the beginning

"Never said I didn't." She says and pulls me back into another kiss. "I just said you're being unfair." She smirks as Matthew bursts into the kitchen.

"Ashee, Ashee! I won, I won!" He yells and leaps into my arms.

"Won what buddy?" I giggle and sit him down.

"The game. I murdered those guys like bam bam." He says and acts like he's shooting a gun and ducks to avoid his pretend foes return fire.

"Matty who bought you a shooting game?" I ask, knowing that I wasn't the one who did.

"Uncle Jack." He says and I shake my head.

"Matty you know I don't like you playing those kind of games." I tell him sternly.

"But uncle Jack-"

"Uncle Jack, knows better as well." I tell him.

"Fiiiine." He drawls out sadly. I ruffle his hair and kiss his cheek.

"We can go to the store and get you some new games tomorrow." I tell him and he perks up.

"Yay." He shrieks and claps his hands together before hugging my leg and running off. Spencer and I giggle at his retreating figure.

"That little boy adores you, you know?" Spencer says wrapping her arms around my neck.

"About as much as I adore him." I smile and kiss her. "I need to ask you something, but first we need to get ready for dinner."

-

"I still can't believe you're going to be on the cover of Los Angesles Lawyer." Jackson says, taking a sip of his wine.

This again?

"It's no big deal, Jack." I drawl out. "Can we just have a nice dinner without you bringing up these things?" I ask him and he rolls his eyes but nods.

"So Spencer," Aisha turns to Spencer and says. "How's life after near calamity?" She asks and Spencer looks at me and smiles.

"I'd say it's going pretty great." She responds and kisses me sweetly.

"I concur." I agree with my girlfriend, as we both cheese heavily, staring into each others eyes.

"Ahem." Jackson clears his throat. "As much as we'd like to sit here and look at you two stare at each other all day, our food is here." We turn and see the waiter standing beside the table with our food in his hand.

"Sorry." We both smile and mumble out. Sometimes it's just hard not to look at her.

-

"Do you really think your mom is going to go for this?" Spencer asks and I purse my lips and shrug.

"I don't know. I mean, it's not like she takes care of him anyways. He's been over here like every day for the past few weeks." I say.

"But he's her kid, Ash. You can't just expect her to give him up."

"I know." I nod. "I just... I want what's best for the little guy. I've really grown to love him so much the past few weeks." I tell her through a sigh.

"I know." She nods and kisses my cheek.

"I'm gonna finish cooking this, how about you go and relax." I tell her.

"Ash, you're the one that has to work all day, I should be cooking you breakfast." She says pointedly and I smile.

"Go." I shew her. "I got this." I say and she rolls her eyes playfully but exits the kitchen.