Chapter Nine "What's your problem?"

"Ew, what is that?" Olivia asks, raising an eyebrow and pointing to the cup of a mystery liquid that sits on Maddie's desk. Maddie looks from the mirror to inspect whatever the girl was talking about. In a glass cup, a green thick liquid resides.

She chuckles and looks back to the mirror and continues to run the soft makeup brush over her skin. Her blemishes vanish the moment the concealer wipes over her skin.

"It's my smoothie I forgot to dump last week- before we left for camp. Why? You want some?" Maddie teases, nudging the girl lightly and smiling.

Olivia shakes her head and returns her eyes to the bag of clothes she brought over to the girls' house. She usually didn't care much for parties but the week of kids made her realize how happy she is to be a teenager. So in this case, with her newfound friends, of course a party sounds fun.

"You're disgusting. What kind of smoothie is green?" Olivia huffs, taking her favorite outfit from the bag and laying it on the floor. A dark green cropped hoodie that ends just above her belly button and a pair of ripped mom jeans. Unfortunately, her usual black converse are covered in mud from the previous night so she had to resort to her black boots with a three inch heel- which she despises with every fiber of her being.

Her freshly washed curls hang down her back, tickling the small amount of exposed skin. Little make-up dusts her skin, not necessarily caring about who sees her beside Trey.

She bites her lower lip attempting not to smile at the thought of his face.

"I'm going to go get changed" Maddie's voice pulls her out of the thoughts of the boy. Looking from the clothes on the floor Olivia nods and clears her throat.

"Yeah me too," She nods

"You know, this would be fun if you didn't incite my arch nemesis." Maddie groans, reaching for the door to her bedroom. Her posture slumps down as she thinks about Ashton. "If I didn't get FOMO so easily, I literally would not go for the simple fact that I do not want to see him more than I already do,"

"Girl, You are fine. How are we even getting there?" Olivia sighs, placing her hands on her hips.

A smile pulls at Maddie's lips as she opens the door and steps out.

"You'll see..." And with that, Olivia is alone in the room. 

_

As Olivia steps out of the front door she is met with a warm summer breeze as the sun starts to slowly set. The neighborhood is peaceful, well aside from the approaching bright yellow hummer blasting muffled music. 

Her brown eyes fall to the vehicle as it comes to a stop in front of the mailbox. 

"You're joking. Who's monster truck is this?" Olivia looks over to Maddie, her mouth falling open. Maddie looks over to her and slowly smiles.

"Calum's" 

"What?" Olivia spits out, looking to the hummer again. The windows are down and she clearly sees the two in the front seat. Calum's beaming smile in the drivers seat, Luke in the passengers- adjusting the snapback on his head.

"Wait, what I just call Trey to come get me instead, You know-" Olivia starts but Maddie takes her hand, refusing to let her finish. The music get's turned down as Maddie pulls open the back passenger door, but her face drops immediately.