Epilogue

Steve showed up around midday looking miserable. Jenna had called a taxi and returned to their hotel where presumably she started calling everyone she could to tell them that her gay fiancé had left her for Sarah Sharpe's husband.

James, Sarah and Spence were huddled up together in the corner of the lounge. Sarah with her head on James' shoulder running her fingers up and down his the groove of his abs under his shirt and occasionally reaching across to Spencer's forehead, where he laid across the other half of the lounge with his head in James lap. All three were in various states of mental, physical and emotional exhaustion when Steve came walking bow legged into the apartment.

Spence was the first one to look around at him, he hadn't knocked just opened the door and let himself in. James and Sarah looked up at him, both surprised and quickly unsurprised to see him.

"How's your arse, Steve?" James was smiling knowingly.

Spence looked up at James from where he still lay on his thigh, then at Steve and back to James with a querying eyebrow.

James winked down at him to let him know he'd explain later.

"I'm a bloody fool," oh, here came Steve's well-rehearsed story, he hadn't even seemed to notice the compromising position the three had taken up together on the same lounge. "I tripped over some dumbass passed out on the dance floor and landed on my butt," he waddled, "think I might have split myself a new shit hole,"

He was rubbing his tender arse and James was barely able to contain his amusement.

"Speaking of shit holes," Sarah added serenely, "you better get back to yours before Brittany sets fire to yours,"

"A jerry can and a match?" James asked her in jest.

"I reckon she'd just park that Ute of his up next to the machinery shed and light a cloth in the petrol tank," Spence added with seemingly educated detail, "so much easier, and I bet it'd be fun to watch too,"

Steve looked at them alarm, his sore arse suddenly the least of his problems, "what are you talking about?" He demanded anxiously.

Anxiety was a good look on him, James felt.

"Brittany knows what you did, Steve" Sarah told him with purposeful ambiguity,

Spence laughed taking her meaning, "now she knows you've been a bad boy, Steve,"

"Like what?!" Steve demanded though the guilt on his face was only barely tainted with not knowing exactly what it was Brittany now knew.

"If you're quick enough, you might get it out of her by firelight," James smirked,

"But I didn't- I dunno what she thinks-" he stammered, "What the fuck did you tell her?" He turned on Spence.

"It wasn't me," he responded calmly.

He looked at James who shrugged and shook his head.

He looked at Sarah who was smirking at him.

"Jenna gets a big mouth on her Shen she's drunk," Sarah explained, adding nothing more.

The colour drained from his face and he went for his pockets before looking at Spence in horror, "where are my keys. Williams?"

"Never mind the fact that we just found out you we're screwing his fiancé," James marvelled at Steve's utter arrogance.

"Brittany wasn't going to share a ride with Jenna back to Lake Crane," Spence shrugged and Steve growled. "She took your ute, but here," he chucked him his own keys, "take my dads old truck, I believe he wants it back because his faggot son doesn't deserve it,"