awake

mike unwraps himself from the blanket and is the first one out of the waiting room and makes it to wills hospital room, but mike stops infront of his door and breathes heavily.

– "he's asleep right now. you should wait till he wakes up though" the doctor says.

mike finds the courage to open the door with everyone else behind him.

mike closes his eyes, hoping will is okay. he makes it half way to wills hospital bed and

opens his eyes

mike let's out small tears, but there not sad tears, there happy tears. he looks up at the beeping monitor noticing it moving up and down. will is okay. mike was finally looking at will, who had a breathing tube going through his nose. a hospital gown covering his whole body, paired with fuzzy socks. will was wrapped in a blanket with a gentle smile on his face. of course will had scratches and bruises and scabs were forming but mike didn't look at them. he looked at how dreamy and adorable will looked. 

mike walks slowly over too will and scoots one of the chairs closest to the bed. everyone knew mike wanted to be alone so they all leave.
– "we will leave you two alone" joyce smiles
– "t-thank you.." mike gets up and goes over to hug them all, even eleven who he barely knew. they all group hug as mike says
– "thank you guys.. from the bottom of my heart. i couldn't have done this without you guys.. like at all" mike laughs for the first time in a while.
– "we love you mike" they all say as mike shares a smile with all of them, and with that they all leave and mike turns around to see will again. who he's been waiting and waiting to see for hours.

he sits down slowly and intertwines him and wills hands together as he stares at the beeping monitor.
– "will, im so glad- im so fucking glad your okay. like im more than glad. once i walked in to this room.. it was like my world.. my whole life was back together.. because will.. you are my whole life. not a minute goes by where i don't think of you. will, you never fail to make me the happiest person. you are my source of happiness. i know.. i just know.. will.. we are meant for each other. we always have. we are ganna go to the same college and get married and have adopted kids" mike laughs imagining there future.

– ".. but dating you, was the best thing i have ever done. yeah, ive dated a few people but i never EVER felt this way about someone. you move me will. your the first person in my life to teach me what love is or why the fuck life exists, because trust me will, if it wasn't for you, i wouldn't be here. here on earth. once you walked into my life, it's like all hell broke loose and my life has never been better. i couldn't imagine not being with you. when im with you.. i feel relief. i forget all of the terrible shit in my life. i never feel judged. i feel nothing but love and happiness. nothing will change, the way i feel about you. i love you will.. i love you so so much, im here will.. and i won't leave your side. i love you will and i will always, ALWAYS will"

mike gets up from the chair and slowly puts his hand on the bed and leans in and there lips connect. it felt unexplainable to mike.

mike returns to his chair and puts his head down and cries more. he picks his head up to see will smiling and with a small tear coming down his cheek. mike smiles and returns his head back down and continues to still hold wills hand.

he stops crying quickly. he hears the sound of the bed squeaking and the voice of a small boy murmuring.

– "m-m-mike.."
– "w-wha-" mike slowly looks up.
– "WILL"
mikes eyes open wide and doesn't even pay attention to wills painful scars and stuff attached to him. mike passionately hugs will, a little rough but will didn't seem to care. this hug and kiss was even more passionate. will tries to prop himself up more but fails, mike notices and gently helps will up and returns back to his lips. mike glides his hands to wills waist and pushes him closer. will pulls away and breathes and coughs heavily.
– "ohh b-baby? are you okay? im sorry! did i do something? will i-"
– "m-mike.. your okay.. it's fine.. slow down" will laughs as he applies his hands on top of mikes.
– "you look so adorable"
– "aww m-mikey, thank you"
– "will.. i never left your side. i was with you all the way until the stupid doctors pulled me away from you. i didn't stop crying. i was shaking and pale and i couldn't sleep. i stayed here for hours until this moment finally came. i am not leaving you, okay? i am staying here right by your side, until they let you leave.. im serious"
will starts tearing up
– "mike.. y-you would d-do that for m-me?"
– "baby? i would do ANYTHING! SERIOUSLY ANYTHING! TO GET ME TO YOU OR TO BE WITH YOU OR TO HOLD YOUR HAND FOR EVEN A SECOND. DOESNT MATTER WHERE I AM, I WOULD TRAVEL AROUND THE WHOLE GLOBE JUST TO SEE YOU. I WOULD-"
– "'mike i get it" will laughs as he studies mikes face, his smile soon fades into a sad expression. mike was so pale. he had a bunch of tear stains covering his red cheeks. he was shaking so much and he had really noticeable purple under eye bags.
– "will? what is it?"
– "uhmm.. mike?"
– "yes babe?"
– "you look really bad"
– "oh wow thanks will"
– "no! no! not like that.. it just looks like you haven't slept in days. you need sleep right now"
– "i k-know i just don't want a minute going by where i can't see you"
– "aww mikey that's really sweet but please.. do me a favor and get some sleep.. for me?"
– "o-okay.." mike makes it over to his chair but will stops him.
– "uhmm.. mike? what are you doing?"
– "going to-"
– "come lay by me silly" will laughs as he pats the area next to him.
– "oh im stupid" mike says as he taps his forehead.
mike walks to the other side of the bed and gently lays right next to will, trying his best not make will move because of how much pain wills in. mike scoots as close as he can to will and wraps his hand around will and will lays his head on mikes shoulder.
– "i am beyond happy that your okay"
– "me too mike.."
they both smile.
– "wanna know something mike?"
– "yeah..?!"
– "i was awake when you were holding my hand and talking about.. us.. basically"
– "WHAT? why didn't you tell me!"
– "because mike.. it was so cute and i didn't wanna interrupt you"
– "oh.. well i meant every word" mike smiles
– "i know you did.. so.. mike?"
– "yes.. will?"
– "so when are we getting married?"
mike and will both burst out laughing.
mike was finally with will. finally in his happy place again.