confused

they walk to the byers house, both holding each other in the cold weather.
they enter the byers house and joyce didn't work that day and she questions..
– "will? honey? what are you doing here?"
– "m-mom well-"
mike cuts will off and speaks for the poor boy
– "hi j-joyce im mike-"
– "yeah mike wheeler who BULLIES my son! what are you doing in my-"
– "mom please don't yell at him. he saved me"
– "i saw him having trouble breathing and helped him out. i apologized and-"
– "oh im sorry mike! thank you so much! your more than welcome here! ill call your teachers and let them know"
– "t-thanks mom"
– "you guys can go do your thing (joyce smiles at the boys) ill be here if you need anything"
joyce lips "thank you" to mike and winks at him
the boys walk in the little boys room and sit down. will starts the conversation..
– "so m-mikey, are we dating or-"
– "i mean i thought we are"
it gets awkward really quick. mike thought they were already dating but will was unaware.
– "m-mike.. im not ready for dating.. (mikes heart dropped) i do love you but, im scared
– "seriously will?! are you kidding me?"
– "w-what?"
– "you say you love me but you don't want to date me? common will!" mike is exploding on will, and already having a fight.
"but mike-"
mike leaves his bedroom, crying again. will sat there not understanding what just occurred.

joyce notices and knocks on wills door
– "w-will? are you okay?"
– "M-MOM please leave me alone"
that was the first time will gave attitude to his mom. so joyce knew something was wrong

will pov

what.. was that? why did he do that? i mean i don't want to date because im scared of the looks, and comments and judgment. im curled up like a baby crying because i love him so much. he saved me. he was there when no one was. he made me feel special. he made me feel safe. maybe getting judged is.. worth it, to be with mike wheeler.

AUTHOR NOTE:
- july 21 2022
yet again i have to clarify that i was 13 when i made this! i'm 16 now and i'm fully aware of how bad and childish it is. the plots and dialogue are just horrible. i cant re edit this story because it'll just fuck up the entire story and it will be more of a mess. my new book hypnotize, is much more mature writing. please understand i was very new to wattpad when i wrote this and had no idea of how to write.