Chapter 41 - The Chae

Start from the beginning

"Lisa, you shouldn't have-"

"You love it so I thought I should" I interrupted her, chuckling.

Silence grew between us when Chae didn't say a word, and neither did I. She gave me a smile that I knew wasn't just a smile she always put on her face, but the one she would make whenever she had something in her mind. And I knew she noticed the same thing about me too.

Because I guessed even my face couldn't hide it any longer.

She twisted the bottle cap after taking a few swallows of the juice and she brought her eyes back on mine as she leaned against the kitchen island.

"What's the matter, Lisa?" She finally asked, letting me know her thoughts at the same time; she was worried about me. "Something's bothering your mind?"

"Yeah," I breathed out. "I'm just thinking about something"

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Her sentence wasn't just a question. It was a twist that actually luring me to talk to her about stuffs that were running in my brain at the moment without giving me any pressure, but we both knew what would happen next. She would try as best as she could to make me opened up to her, just the way my Chae used to do, and that could be stressing at the end.

Most of the time I would just tell my Chae about my thoughts because I didn't want to be pressured and the possibility of offending her also.

"Of course. But can you come closer? I want to hug you"

Her smile went wide, probably feeling the relief that I was so comfortable to talk my mind out and even ask for her affection.

My hands caught for her hip to keep her close as her forearms stressed against my chest, creating a good distance in between our faces so we could look at each other.

Chae raised her eyebrows while the same smile remained, looking like she was waiting for the next move that I should have done after she gave me the hug I wanted.

"Okay," She chuckled. "Can you please tell me now?"

She sounded impatient as if she was so nervous of what I would talk about. Chae probably had a few guesses in her mind and couldn't wait to be lightened up.

"Not yet until you kiss me" I gave out another order to her to follow, but she was kind of hesitated compared to the first one.

"Lisa, I'd taste like orange juice"

"And what's wrong with that?"

I guessed she knew I'd keep arguing if I didn't get what I wanted and she was desperate to know what I had inside my mind as well. The situation I put her in left her with no choice.

So I began to feel those smooth lips of hers that I missed, forgetting the fact that we had kissed for so long after the sex and only stopped when she got so sleepy. Yet, it wasn't enough to cater my needs and longing for my Chae.

I had learned my lessons in a hard way. I had learned to appreciate her kisses and fondness. I had learned to value her presence and love even more. Because I didn't know when would be the last time for me to have her in my arms. I didn't know how long this happiness I was having would last. I didn't know when this would end.

And her lips moved in a way that was so poised, so transcendent, kissing me like she had her own pain too and we shared ours without words.

But I broke the kiss when my eyes were already filled with tears, and I forced them closed with a hope that they would all get pushed back up instead of spilling out.