Shifting back into my human form and getting changed, I walked up to the pack house with the warriors following behind me.

Zoron and Edrik were unusually stiff, standing in attention with blank faces as they watched us emerging from the dark forest. Then, Zoron relaxed slightly, stepping forward, his face morphing into shock.

He walked towards the group, faster and faster until he eventually passed me. Snapping my head to him, I watched as he wrapped his arms around one of the females, lifting her up and spinning her around.

His mate.

I couldn't help but smile. Finally, after all these years.

I continued walking towards Edrik, giving Zoron some time to get over the shock of finding her before he had to join us.

Once Edrik was within reach, I greeted him by giving him a bear hug. "Is she asleep?" I asked him, not needing to use Edrei's name.

Edrik kept up his blank facade. "Yes."

I raised an eyebrow, suddenly suspicious of his lack of emotions. Just as I was about to question him, Zoron joined us.

Per usual, I left it to my commanders to make introductions, after all, these warriors will be working with them more than they would be with me. I followed them inside, waiting patiently as Zoron and Edrik gave them a brief overview of Orion.

Once the introductions were made, I volunteered Zoron to settle everyone into the spare rooms upstairs, dismissing him from his duties and giving him time to be with his mate.

Once everyone was out of ear range, I turned to Edrik. "What has Keyan been doing since he got here?"

"Not much," Edrik replied, short and curt.

I crossed my arms, not pleased with his demeanour. "What's up with you?"

Pressing his lips in a tight line, Edrik motioned for us to go outside. Following his lead, I wondered what he needed to show me.

He stopped in the middle of the clearing behind the pack house. Taking in a deep breath, he turned to me.

"Fuck Zoron," he growled, showing emotion for the first time since I arrived. "Little shit said he was going to do this with me." Edrik took in another deep breath, quickly releasing it before he stormed up to me. He grabbed the sides of my head, forcing me to focus on his presence.

"Listen, you have to stay calm," he instructed, eyes boring into me with all seriousness. "Okay? Stay calm. Do whatever you need to suppress your wolf."

"Spit it out, Edrik," I demanded, tired of him beating around the bush. Edrik let go, stepping back, giving me room to shift safely.

The uncertainty of the situation forced anger to rise inside me. What the fuck has Keyan done to warrant Edrik to act like this?

"Edrei is with Mae. Two nights ago she started bleeding and there was no way to save the pup," he said. "Don't lose control. She needs you."

Too late.

I felt the rein's I had on my wolf snap as he rose inside me. I started to shake as the transformation begun.

"Fucking hell Kaelon. Suppress him. Edrei needs you right now."

Edrik's voice was like white noise. I heard him, but I couldn't understand what he was saying.

"Alpha Keyan is with her now. He's been in her room for most of the night."