[8] the silence

A/N: Hi everyone! How are you?

So being the major procrastinator I am, I waited until last minute to write my sociology paper.

I had to finish it last minute and I am such a slacker omg.

BY THE WAY THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING AND YOU PROBABLY DONT CARE BUT 1989 IS AMAZING, OKAY?! TAYLOR IS QUEEN AND I LOVE HER.

SONG OF THE DAY: “Wildest Dreams” by Taylor Swift

QOTD: Do you like One Direction, and if so, what girl are you?

AOTD: Yes and Louis x

__________________________

            “Calum, are you being serious right now?” I heard Michael reply to the dark haired boy. I could see the anger in Calum’s eyes—it was actually quite scary.

            “Yes, how much more of an explanation do you need to prove it?” Calum snapped, his fists clenching at his sides. “This game of yours has to stop; it’s going too far. People are sending us shitloads of hate and we are lying to the fans that actually respect us.”

            “I didn’t realize you were so weak that you couldn’t handle it,” Michael argued, crossing his arms.

            He was really pushing it now.

             “Is this your way of asking me to punch you in the face? Because if you keep it up, I’m not afraid to do it.” Calum threatened, and I could feel the air getting thicker around me.

            I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans, exchanging nervous glances with Ashton. Ashton seemed to be just as worried as I was—I never thought Calum would go as far as wanting to hurt Michael. I mean, sure Michael really pisses me off sometimes, but I would never want to hurt him.

            “Calum stop, please,” I begged him, grabbing his arm and turning him around to face me. “Fighting won’t get you anywhere.”

             “You’re not a part of this, Luke. Stay out of it.” Calum spoke slow enough to emphasize each syllable; he was treating me like a toddler.

            “Excuse the hell out of you,” I found myself angry with him now, “who said you could tell me what to do? If I want to be a part of it, then dammit I’m going to be a part of it.”

            “Guys please,” Ashton then spoke, grabbing onto Michael’s arm to pull him away from Calum. Ashton then looked at me sadly; it was almost as if he was silently begging for me to not worsen the situation.

            “What’s the big deal anyways, Calum? Why can’t you just go with the flow and not make every situation harder than it needs to be? You need to chill out. Everything is hard with you. You always have to complain about every little detail.” Michael ranted, ignoring Ashton’s pleads to calm down.

             “I’m not the one with the problem,” Calum replied. “You’re the one who can’t grow up. You’re the one with the need to aggravate everyone around you. You have to bother any unfortunate soul that is around you. Stop making things complicated.”

             “It’s not like I’m making you have sex with Luke,” Michael retorted, and I could feel the awkwardness surrounding me. “You’re acting like a fucking homophobe.”