[15] the truth

I honestly feel like the worst author in history I'm so sorry it's been so long since I've updated this story. I hope you guys still remember what happened in the last chapter...

QOTD: What's your favorite part in She's Kinda Hot?

AOTD: 'they say we're losers and we're alright with that, we are the leaders of the not coming backs but we're alright though'

–Reese

     The best way to get over someone is by distancing yourself from them as much as possible. Unfortunately, I cannot completely cut Calum from my life—not that I want to, anyway—but I need to give myself time to get over this crush.

     To me, the first thing to do was to tell the fans the truth. I needed to tell them that Calum and I were never together in the first place, but I was terrified of what their reactions would be. They might hate us for lying to them. They might call us pathetic. But I guess it's for the best.

     I took a deep breath, trying to think of exactly what to say. I opened notes on my phone, and before I knew it, I was typing away.

Dear fans,

There's something I really think you guys should know, and I hope that you will open your hearts and try to accept why we did what we did. Basically, we lied to you guys. We convinced you that Calum and I were together. Truth is, we never were; it was a dare. A fake. A lie. I feel terrible for lying to you guys, and I don't even know why we felt we had to go through with it. Honestly, none of us thought you would actually believe it. It was stupid. I really hope you can look past this and forgive us.

Sincerely,

Luke

     I read what I wrote over and over until I was satisfied with it. I took screenshots of my writing and uploaded the pictures to all of my social media accounts. I was so nervous and shaky that I didn't even want to look at the replies at all. I just felt dumb. I felt dumb for asking the fans for forgiveness when I knew I didn't deserve it. How should I expect them to forgive me when I couldn't even forgive myself?

[x]

     I sat alone in my room for what felt like forever. I just sat on my bed, my guitar in my hands as I strummed random strings. I was at the point where I was desperate to keep myself busy; I wanted to make it seem like I didn't need anyone's company. I knew that if I could convince myself that I didn't need anyone to feel content, maybe it would be easier to stay away from Calum. And if I could stay away from Calum, I just might fall out of love with him.

     That night, I barely left my room at all. One of the only times I came out was to watch a movie with Ashton and Michael. I knew I was going to be third-wheeling it, but in all honesty, I didn't really care.

     I heard the door open from Calum's room, and when I turned around, I saw him all dressed up. His hair was styled into a quiff; he was wearing a tight shirt that hugged his abs nicely and dark pants. He met my gaze for a second, but immediately looked away.

     "Calum, why are you all dressed up?" Ashton turned around, shoving some popcorn in his mouth.

     "I'm going out," he answered, a smirk on his face. "I could use a few drinks and a good time."

     "Really? Tonight?" Ashton groaned. "You do know that we have an interview tomorrow, right?"

     "I'll be fine," he scoffed. "Don't worry about me. Just worry about watching your movie."