9

Y / N

"Um, so you're saying that I have to accompany you to the annual Summer Commemoration party?" I asked Namjoon just to ensure I'd heard it right the first time.

"Correct." Namjoon fixed me with a thoughtful expression over the rim of his wine glass as he sat on a couch in front of me.

His body language was relaxed, almost languid as he casually stirred the contents of his glass. "But it's not your normal dance party, Y/N."

I smiled slightly. "Well, I don't know. It's not like I've been to any other parties before."

Namjoon's eyes flickered slightly. "True." He nodded. "But don't let the word party mislead you." He explained. "There'll be people...rich, powerful and dangerous people betting on innocent lives and trading illicitly amongst themselves, staking huge amounts of money-"

"You aren't very happy to take me there, are you?" I observed silently.

Namjoon set his glass down and leaned back again, arms crossed.

"That obvious?" He looked flustered.

"Very." I answered shortly, waiting for him to explain.

Namjoon looked at my curious expression and sighed. "You can't blame me for being sceptical about this, Y/N." He began. "Long story short, that place is hardly somewhere I'd want you to be present but I have to do this...for two reasons." He paused to look at me again.

I kept my expressions neutral and nodded. "I'm listening, Joon."

"Well, the reasons...despite them being against my better judgement, are ones that need to be explored because one, I think it's highly likely that your kidnappers would be present there."

He spoke cautiously, clearly trying not to trigger any extreme reaction from me and he had no idea how much I appreciated the gesture. "And I feel it'd be helpful if you could recognise them. Makes my task of letting those lowlives know their place much easier."

"And two?" I prompted, trying hard not to show my nervousness at the aspect.

The thought of going to the party knowing that my captors were there somewhere, made me feel uneasy. The only consolation was the fact that I wasn't going alone but with Namjoon.

I didn't know exactly how powerful the man sitting in front of me was, but I was certain that he was capable enough to protect me from any sort of danger.

"The second reason, although important to me, might come across as a bit shallow to you, my love." Namjoon smiled indulgently and my heart thudded in my throat, my ears rapidly reddening.

"Don't worry," Namjoon chuckled at my flustered appearance. "It's nothing weird. I just need a partner to be able to keep all those greedy women from pouncing on me." His eyes sparkled with amusement. "I strongly suspect that you'll be very willing to step in." He laughed at his own joke.

Fuming, I got up and threw a cushion in his direction which he very easily dodged, leaving me feeling all the more infuriated.

"You're so bad, Namjoon."

K I M  N A M J O O N

I realised that I was staring fondly at the woman in front of me, despite her being in a clearly defensive mood.

Did she still not know how much pride I took in her jealous possessiveness over me?

"Come on, sweetheart," I crooned. "Can't I even tease you now?"

Y/N opened her mouth to retort but I was already pulling her into my lap.

"Or do you want me to tease someone else?" I smirked as Y/N's expression equalled that of a child who'd been refused a candy.

I pretended to gasp in pain as her fists rained on my chest.

"I hate you. I hate you. I hate you." She huffed, looking hurt and sliding off my lap, ran to her room.

I emptied the contents of my glass in one go and threw back my head letting the wine intoxicate me as my manhood throbbed painfully, still remembering the feel of her thighs sliding against it.

I couldn't make love to her.

I couldn't tease her.

I couldn't do anything to lessen her trauma.

And yet, I couldn't help but fall for her more everyday. Every second, the instinct that she was mine, grew stronger and with it came the guilt that I couldn't bring her back out of her painful past.

Y/N tossed and turned every night, occasionally waking up in tears from a nightmare, and it was becoming very natural for me to nurse her back to sleep but with every attack, the guilt was pegged deeper within my heart that I, despite my influence, had until now failed terribly to find her captors.

But again, did that guilt stop me from obsessing over her?

Not in a million years.

She was f*cking me up.

~~~

Scarlet.

Flaming f*cking scarlet.

I narrowed my eyes at the way every man in the party did a double take at our appearance. It seemed as if people were coming to greet me but I knew the real motive was to get a better look at the woman on my arm.

I tightened my arm around the naked waist of Y/N who was dressed in a bright scarlet dress. The dress was impeccable. Vast expanse of shimmery fabric flowed around Y/N's beautiful legs that peeked through a scandalous thigh-high slit.

The bodice was a halter neck that left her entire back exposed as her hair was swept to the side.
Y/N in this dress was nothing but trouble.

"Stay close and keep your eyes open." I whispered in her ear as we continued walking.

"Oh my," Came a high-pitched, drawling voice. "If this isn't Mr. Kim himself."

"Long time no see, Mr. Kim." Xian came forward, regarding us with his curious but calculative silver eyes.

"I could say the same myself, Xian." I spoke drily. I had absolutely no intentions to be held up by this absolute wretch of a man-the leader of the Chinese mafia and a total bastard.

My jaw stiffened as I saw his eyes roam over
Y/N's body, who to my surprise, looked terribly pale.

I intercepted his path as he moved forward as if to hug Y/N.

"Let's keep to the code, now shall we Xian?" I spat bitterly, as Y/N's nails dug into my arms, her little body cowering against my back.

Xian looked amused. "Don't know if you're aware but I've had the pleasure to make an acquaintance with this pretty young lady before."

I sneered. "That pleasure isn't reciprocated, Xian." I glared at him, hatred bubbling in every nerve and vein.

I had never had good relationships with my rival contemporaries but my relationship with Xian in particular had soured when I had refused to let his cargo worth billions of dollars, pass through my territory.

Xian laughed. "You seem whipped for this little sl*t, Namjoon." He leered, his smile wicked.

"But then who wouldn't be." He mused as I waited for the right moment to attack. "I might not have been able to procure any useful information out of her, unfortunately...but God, that mouth could have-"

I growled in sheer rage as my wrist went flying.