Part 72

I yawned as I walked, it had been merely a week and a half after the New year now, and I smiled lazily as I thought about Misaki, which was a much better option than thinking about all the issues that were arising right now because of the stupid green clan.
Maybe it was because of how we've grown from Tatara and Mikoto, or maybe it was just because we were older ourselves, but Yata wasn't as crazy and dangerous as he used to be. He calmed down enough to be the sweetest person on the damn planet, and I couldn't ask for anyone better. Though, he definitely had a high sex drive...
I swallowed, shoving my key into the door and opening it without much thought, I had a second of confused calm before my heart rate sped up like a mother fucking car going 500 miles an hour at the sound of Rei screaming for help, Jesse yelling himself and the kitchen in literal ruins. 
"The hell is happening?!" I coughed out, dropping the bags of groceries I had and stepping forward to see Jesse just around the wall, holding his arm as fire burst from it.
Shit! This can't be happening to him too!
"Mama! Help!"
"I'm here baby-" I replied, pulling myself together, I went to Jesse first and quickly got in front of him, talking him through his own panic and doing my best to describe how to control it properly. 
"If you're afraid of it, it'll just get worse!" I told him, his eyes still frantic as he tried to focus, "It's okay, just relax! Just relax, dad... please."
At the sound of that name instead of 'jesse' he took a deep breath and slowly calmed himself down. I sighed in relief, stepping back from him and heading over to Rei, leading him out from under the table, he jumped onto me, clinging to my body.
"I'm sorry, little Rei, for not being here."
"I-It's o-okay!" He sniffled, but as he cried, I knew it wasn't going to be okay at all. 
That green clan king is gonna fucking pay for this!