Part 64

My aura was hot, a new flame I had quickly learned to control to use in defense and offence when fighting. Now with some practice, I'd also been able to make shapes with the flames like Tatara used to do. With Anna as our new king, resulting in the healthy reborn red sword of Damocles in the sky - our clan was more powerful then they ever had been.
Rei was clinging to my side today for some unknown reason, but I wasn't complaining. He was adorable and gasped at the bird shape I made out of the flames, my tongue sticking out of the corner of my mouth as I concentrated, making it fly around the room.
"Wow mama! You're so cool!"
"I know right~" I grinned, giggling as he jumped to try and touch it, "Careful, it's hot."
"Hey! Mr. Kusanagi, why do I have to be here on standby anyway?" Misaki called out, putting his feet up on the table and leaning back, "We're supposed to be crushing the green clan! Homra's gonna look pretty damn bad without Yatagarasu joining the party you know."
I snorted, my flames dispersed in my distracted state and Rei pouted.
I picked him up and rested him on my hip, grunting slightly at his weight.
"You're getting really big, Rei. Soon I won't be able to lift you."
His eyes widened, "No! I'll stop growing, then!" He cried, wrapping his arms tightly around my neck.
My heart squeezed - so cute!
I rubbed the boys back as Kusanagi tried to explain to Yata that he was our 'secret weapon' and he needed to stay here so that if someone bad actually happened, he would be at the ready to go and help. Of course he would say that, but it didn't really work on Yata now like it probably would have just a few years ago.
"So what your saying is that I'm a bench warmer?"
I chuckled, bending down to put Rei back on his feet, "Go give Yata a hug, he's upset."
He smiled, nodding quickly and taking off on his little feet towards where Yata sat on the couch with his head leaned back and eyes closed, almost like the way Mikoto used to sit to 'rest his eyes' until you started hearing his quiet snores.
I stiffled a laugh as Rei jumped up and dropped himself on Yata's stomach, shocking the male. He hesitated before patting the boys back. Rei and him haven't really spent that much time together, and hadn't even held much of a conversation either. So now, seeing them together like this, I decided to make a new goal to change the two's relationship for the better.