Part 45

Yata got a little mad when I was refusing to tell him what happened, he made me go shower and change, and I sat with an odd empty feeling in my chest as he made the two of us an early dinner. I had texted Jesse earlier and he's agreed to pick up Rei.
The male set down my plate, a simple stir fry that looked better than anything I've ever made, and let me eat before he began interrigating me again.
"I don't want you to start crying again..." He sighed, his arms crossed as he leaned against the counter, "But I want to know what happened. Please, whatever - whoever made you cry like that, I'll fucking kill them."
"You can't... you can't hurt him."
"Him?!"
"I... An old friend of mine... someone I loved very much. He's back." I explained, taking a deep breath and trying to keep myself composed, "And he want's me back."
"So... your ex?"
"I guess so, yeah." I admitted, come to think of it, young Zhao and I never really made it official.
"Well fuck." He growled, "What did he do to you?"
"We were young, and we weren't even really dating, but it meant everything to me. He told me everything I wanted to hear, but he left me. He disappeared, and now that he's back..."
Yata narrowed his eyes, "Now that he's back, what?"
"I still care about him-" Yata stood straight and I scrambled to stand too, "But not in that way! Not in the way I care about you, you have to trust me."
He didn't reply so I continued, explaining about how I cared about the boy he used to be, I cared only for the words Zhao said, the good that I knew was in him.
I explained how he approached me in the store and grabbed my hand, as if I would fall back into his arms like some fairy tale happy ending. I explained everything, hoping he would understand.
"Trust me, please"
"I do. I trust you. I guess I've had that experience too." He said, turning back to look into my tearing eyes, he placed his hand on my cheek, "But I'm coming to work with you tomorrow to keep an eye out for that fucker."