Part 47

It had been almost a year now since Mikoto's death. It was certainly... Easier, but I believed that the pain would never truly go away no matter what we did.
Yata had his good days and his bad, and I was glad that today was a good day, because I was definitely in the mood for the make out session that was slowly beginning to happen.
Yata kissed me so gently, as if asking if this was all okay without words. Of course, he should know it was, but he held too much respect for me.
He kissed me a little harder, pulling me closer to his body, I made the move to put my leg over the both of his and find a comfortable position on his groin. He hesitated slightly, before putting his hands on my waist and tilting his head up so our lips could come back together again.
He hummed, slowly moving his kisses to my jaw line.
"Is this okay?" He asked as a shiver ran down my spine to the feeling of his lips brushing against the skin on my neck.
"Yeah." I replied, holding his head lightly and tangling my fingers in his messy chestnut hair as he kissed me softer than I thought was possible.
I took a deep breath, and let the moan slip through as he went. His arms wrapped completely around my waist and our bodies pressed tight together.
"I love you." He breathed between kisses, moving back up to look me in the eye.
I moved my hands to cup the sides of his face, smiling lightly at him, "I love you too."

Later that day, Yata was sitting at the bar and watching me do the daily cleaning routine that Izumo taught me how to do before he left. I had the day off, so he spent the whole day with me - calling it a lazy-low-budget-date 'or something'.
Rei had recently gotten back from school and was behind us, reading.
At least, that's what I thought he was doing.
I almost dropped the glass when I looked up to check on him, he was standing far too close to Tatara's guitar, and as he put both his hands on it and pulled, thinking he was strong enough, it started to fall on him. My eyes widened, and everything moved in slow motion as I set the glass down and threw the cloth I had, practically sprinting over to his place. Yata had noticed by that time too, and bolted from the chair to catch the guitar before it fell on the ground.
I grabbed the confused boy and pulled him into a hug, Yata put the guitar back in place and fell onto the couch beside the instrument, his heart probably racing like mine.
If it had broken...
"I'm sorry, I just wanted to play." Rei began, looking at me with worry as I held him close.
"Don't worry about it, Rei. The day your big enough, I'll get you your very own guitar to play with, okay?" I replied, giving him a smile.
That guitar is really all we have left of you, isn't it, Tatara?