¡Surprise! Marauder x Reader

This is a little bit different from the other. Let's see how long you have to read before you figure which Marauder it is.
~~~~~

Love, what a strange word. We'll never really know what love is unless we welcome it with open arms. Most people don't do that. They reject the thought of love and the thought of falling in love with someone else.

They can look at someone, caught themselves looking at him but still denying the feeling, over and over and over again. Even if they were admiring the person's perfect hair locks or the persons those beautiful eyes they would still lie to themselves, telling others that they found the boy unattractive

She would enjoy talking with him, laughing with him, competing with him and teasing him as he teased her back. She would try to get his attention and feel down when he gave it to someone else, meanwhile, she would tell herself that it didn't matter if he was talking to others, he wasn't hers anyway.

She would hope that she would be in the same group as him, even if she pretended like she didn't want to. Every opportunity to talk with him would be taken, as long as it came naturally.

People should admire her for their acting, not that people know that she's acting. When she graduated people would congratulate her for finally getting rid of him, never really understanding what it all was, an act. She would be so good at acting that some people thought she like someone else, his best friend.

Sure, the best friend was kind and they had a lot in common, common interests, common humour and they both were smart enough to compete with each other. It got so far that they officially became the class ship. Sure, she enjoyed the best friend's company but he wasn't him.

To be honest, she had to admit to herself that she was a good actor, she fooled herself over and over again that she hated the boy. Every time she would find herself staring at him, she would roll her eyes and focus on the few negative things she could find.

It wasn't until the last party, the last party as classmates. Everyone was getting drunk, even him. She wouldn't, she didn't want to disappoint her parents and was glad when she made it through the evening without drinking. She enjoyed the party anyway, taking care of her friends and talking to them one last time, even if she hated some of them.

Her eyes would always land on the boy, watching him dancing and drinking with the more popular girls. He was the centre of the party, no matter what he did. But this time was special, he got so drunk that he kind of confessed his feelings for a girl, one of your friend. He held a speech and even proposed to her, the poor girl had already a boyfriend but he didn't take it hard, maybe too drunk to do that.

She would laugh with the others as the boy continued his drunk speech. It was amusing to see the scene and be there live, but the smile and laugh were fake. Reality had just hit her. She liked him, and he didn't like her back. The smile on her face would remain but her feelings would be hurt. The second she realised her feelings for him, her heart broke.

After the chaos, she went out with her friend to get some air. She needed it to clear her head. She knew that what she had discovered today was going to follow her to the grave. That's when he came out, still drunk he and his friend approached her and her friend. He thanked her for the years and she smiled.

That's when he pulled her into a hug. She hugged him back and when they let go she told him that he wasn't that bad, that she didn't hate him. She doesn't know if he heard her.

That night she was at home again, more comfortable than ever. But she couldn't sleep. Her mind wandered to the boy and his curly locks.

Memories of him and her.

When he accidentally grabbed her hand when she was going to switch place. Poor boy, her friends were laughing their head off behind her as the boy's face got red and he apologised. She doesn't remember what she did after that.

Or that time her friend told her that he had approached her friend to ask her if she liked his best friend. The boy she liked had asked her best friend if she liked his best friend and all her friend had answered was "I don't know"

Her mind was chaos that day! Why was he asking? Was he jealous? Did he ask for his best friend? Did he want to know if she was available?

She would never know. It didn't matter anyway, after Hogwarts it had been a while since she saw him. She used to see him every day and get annoyed by his presence, but now, even if they lived in the same town she barely saw him and she missed his presence.

He would never know. Sirius Black would never know that he was your first love. You regret not telling him, you cursed yourself for fooling yourself. Now, it was too late.

If you like someone, tell them, tell them before it's too late. If they say "yes" then congratulations, but if they say "no" then at least you tried and will be able to move on. That's better than having feelings that are eating up your soul for the rest of your life as you wonder if he ever liked you.