James Potter: Childhood Friend

First James Potter Imagine requested by @The_Drama_Queen06

Childhood friends, what a weird word. It means a friend from your childhood. A friend you were attached hip to hip with. A friend you wanted to play with every day. As the innocent children played with each other the parents would have a cup of tea or just talk a little, trying to get along in front of their kids.

The children would grow up but their friendship wouldn't change, yet. They would still be attached to each other and was overjoyed when they both got a letter from Hogwarts unaware of the changes it would cause.

One of them ended up in Gryffindor and the other in Slytherin but it didn't matter for the moment. The children were going to stay friends anyway because their parents were able to right? It took a half year before the Gryffindor started pushing the Slytherin aside and it took the Slytherin another half year before she let it go and moved on.

This was the story about you, Y/n Malfoy and James Potter. The Slytherin and the Gryffindor. It didn't take long before you found out that the only reason you family was able to talk with the Potters was because of their blood status, but when you and James broke apart so did the connection between your parents.

You and James went from adoring each other to hating each other with every inch of your bodies. Constantly pulling pranks on each other to get the other in trouble. You were known as the only person who didn't fear the Marauders pranks because you knew that you could make it worse for them.

Even if you were merciless towards them you had your honour and duty towards your own house. You always protect the Slytherin, especially from the Gryffindors. No matter the age, if a Slytherin was hurt because of someone you could find that someone with more than a broken nose the day after.

That's why your path always crossed the Marauders. They kept messing with a Slytherin, Severus Snape and you could let it happen.

"Put him down, James!" You shouted. "I'm warning you!"

"Really?" James mocked. "What are you gonna do about it?"

With a flick of your wand, James was in the air and Severus was on the ground. You saw how people were whispering around you.

"Next time you mess with a to get useless mud-blood's attention I'll hex you so that you won't be able to look yourself in the mirror for weeks," You hissed.

"Put him down!" Lily said. "He's not worth it."

"So now you're defending him," Your eyes moved to the fire redheaded girl without dropping James. "You let you so-called 'best friend' get bullied but you can't let dear Jamie be humiliated. Typical Gryffindor. Betray people when they most need them."

"That sounds more like a Slytherin in my ears," A new voice said and you smirked because you knew that it was no other than the womaniser Sirius Black. Sirius had his wand out and pointed it towards you.

"Put James down," Sirius said with a smirk. "I'm only telling you once."

You looked at Sirius and chuckled slightly.

"Look at your surrounding,"  You whispered. "You might get me but you'll lose in the end."

Sirius looked around and saw a group of Slytherins with they wands out. Lucius Malfoy, Narcissa Black, Bellatrix Black and his own brother Regulus, stood all with their wands ready.

"As you see," You continued. "We're the one winning because we don't betray our family."

The words hit Sirius hard in the chest.

"But don't worry," You said and you took a step back. "I'm not up for a fight today."

You dropped James hard on the ground. He was ready to stand up and fight you but Remus stopped him.