Remus Lupin: Summer Love Part 2

Suggested/Requested by @BLUFFCITY1

Sirius was sitting on the sofa watching TV and Peter was sleeping on the couch. It was James turn to make food so he was in the kitchen when the doorbell rang.

No one reacted so James had to take it.

"Welcome," James said when he saw the two-person standing in front of him.

"James," Remus smiled.

"I made a chocolate cake and a pie," You said as you showed him the pie you held. "Remus said that you might be interested in it."

"Of course Remus would make up an excuse for a chocolate cake," James laughed. "They look delicious both of them."

"Who is it?" Sirius came into the hallway and his eyes narrowed when he saw the couple in front of him.

"Sirius, I invited Y/n and Remus over for dinner," James explained. "I thought we might get to know dear Y/n here properly."

"I don't want to talk to any of them," Sirius hissed.

You felt uncomfortable and wanted to melt into the ground. Remus just sighed. When was Sirius going to stop? Remus had tried to talk with him the entire week but he hadn't answered, not even giving him a chance.

"I'm sorry about Sirius here," James apologised and gave Sirius a quick glare. "Welcome in. Dinner is ready."

They went inside and saw the James had made the easiest thing ever. Remus had suggested toast with different filling so James had just taken out all kinds of ingredients, bread and a toaster that was on the table ready to be eaten.

"I don't really understand these things," James said.

"You've never eaten toast before?" You asked and James' eyes widened when he realised that he almost exposed himself.

"I've never made it with a toaster," James lied. "Always done it in an oven."

"Interesting," You said. "Almost like pizza then?"

James stared at Remus with wide eyes and panicked. Remus nodded his head slightly so that you wouldn't notice.

"Kind of," James finally said.

They all sat down and started to eat, but it was silent and awkward. Everyone just sat in that tense silence and waited for the toasts to get ready.

"So..." James started. "How much do you know about our friend Remus?"

"Well I know that he's smart," You started. "He wants to become a teacher. He's a book worm and love chocolate. He likes most animals but wolves are not one of them which I don't understand why. Wolves are one of the prettiest animals ever."

"How ironic, she finds wolves pretty," Sirius muttered.

"It very ironic actually," Peter spoke up with the mouth full of food. "Because Remus is a wolf."

James and Remus glared at Peter and you gave him a confused look. Sirius didn't care.

"Excuse me?" You asked.

"I mean once a month he turns into one," Peter continued because his little brain didn't get the hint.

"Remus?" You turned to Remus. "What is he talking about?"

"It's nothing," Remus shook his head.

"Just an inside joke," James added and hoped that you were convinced. You weren't but decided to let it go.

Then you sat there in silence. It felt like hours but were probably only minutes. That's when Sirius stood up.

"I'm done with this," Sirius said. "I'm done pretending that I want to be here. I'm going to head out. You, Remus, can let you girl take care of you during full moons. Don't come near me in Hogwarts because I'll take my wand and hex you until your wizard ass is put of my way."