drugin' | twenty eight.

Start from the beginning

"Mom," Romeo walks into her bedroom. She quickly shifts her body to not let him know something is going on.

"Yeah, Papa?"

Romeo finds her on the balcony with his father. "I want to see if you can help me pick something out for the red carpet."

Shantey eyebrows furrows. "For the red carpet? I thought you didn't want to be seen in front of cameras? We kept you hidden this long for a reason."

"I know," Romeo steps out on the balcony. "But you told me when I get older and decide if I want to finally be seen I could. This is your documentary and what kinda son would I be not to be right next to you on the carpet during this premiere?"

Shantey takes his hand. "You're not obligated to. Look, when your face is finally out there, the world knows who you are. People are harsh to celebrities kids because they start bully them based off what their parents done and I've been that parent that's done a lot. I don't want to have to come up there and slap nobodies kids for fucking with mines because you know I will."

Romeo chuckled. "I know that, Mom."

"And you sure you ready for that?" Tavon questions his son. "You'll have to switch to a school in our district and not the public school with yo cousins in Long Beach. That's gonna be a lot of changes Son. You don't have to do it."

"But I want to," Romeo elaborates looking between both of his parents. "I've already made up my mind. I have friends in the neighborhood and that school ain't bad. It's more diverse. And whatever people say about my mother or you Dad, I don't care. Words are words. They can only get to a person if you allow them to. I'm not that person who's easily angered because people want to talk. You guys are my parents. People should know that. I'm done hiding."

Shantey smiles at the maturity of her twelve year old. She touches over his center parted braids. "Okay, you convinced me. Come on, Papa."

She gives Tavon one last glance over her shoulder before walking inside with Romeo. She helps him pick out his outfit which consists with a Burberry Harry Check-Pocket Sports shirt and black slim-fit jeans with Burberry Chunky Signature Check Trainers.

When it's finally time for the premiere, Shantey rode in the Mercedes Benz sprinter with Tavon, Romeo, his son Kendrick, Anissa, Amanda, Sino and her assistant. In the second sprinter is Tavon's nephews and Toby's girlfriend Shondrea. They make it to Regal LA Live where her documentary premiere is located.

Blog reporters and paparazzi is already on the scene.

Sino walks off first as the cameras immediately flashes in the sprinters direction. Shantey is the last to walk off, taking a hold of Romeo's head. Her name is being shouted from every direction.

"You ready Papa?" Shantey asks, staring at her son.

Romeo eyes squints due to the flashing cameras. This is his first time every dealing with that many cameras. He assures his mother with a head nod.

"Let's do it."

Shantey walks on the red carpet in her silver Schutz Cendi See-Through Vinyl pumps, hand in hand with Romeo as everyone follows behind her. Paparazzi shouts questions about Romeo speculating if he's her son.

She doesn't confirm or deny, but she knows they'll put two and two together by the morning and realize Romeo is indeed her son she's kept hidden her entire career.

Her record label team shows up in support along with industry friends as Jhene Aiko with her sister Mila J, Chris Brown, event host Terrence J, former B2K members J Boog and Lil Fizz, Eric Bellinger, O.T. Genesis, and many more.