Gone

Matty laid on her back staring at her ceiling. Lost in her own thoughts looking over at the sleeping boy next to her. She was not really looking at him but rather lost in her own thoughts. She wasn't that big of a creep. Matty laid with a blanket covering her naked body. She did not get why she dealt with Nate Jacobs, yeah he saved her but he was still a huge dick. But she was not that great of a person herself. Matty blinked a few times when she felt fingers tickle her side. She turned to look at him with a straight face, "am I a bad person?" she asked

Nate furrowed his eyebrows looking at her, "you're asking me" he said quietly.

Matty sat up letting the blanket fall, "but you will tell me the truth" she told him.

"We're both sorta shitty people but we were raised by the wrong people" Nate said running his finger across her nipple. 

Matty shivered under his touch, "your parents are assholes especially how they treat everyone else in this town".

"Your mother is a gold digger" Nate told her.

Matty grinned shaking her head, "You're a cheater".

"You're sleeping with one of your friend's boyfriend" Nate told her cupping her boob. 

"I hate you so much" Matty told him. She leaned over him and traced his jaw line with her finger. 

"Too bad I like you way too much" Nate said. They both stared at each other before Maddy straddled him. She leaned down and began kissing his neck. Nate tilted his head back and dug his fingers into her. Matty gasped before biting his neck.

"You know this is why I like you" Nate trailed off, "you play just as dirty as I do".

Matty grinned before rolling off of him and began to pick up her clothes. She picked up a black lacey slip from the ground and slipped it on. Matty slipped on her black platform DocMartens and grabbed his jeans from the ground. She grabbed the keys from his pocket and waved them to him, "Let's go". 

"Where we going" Nate said rolling off of the bed and grabbing his stuff. Matty bit her lip watching him and leaned against the doorway. 

Nate slowly put on his shirt knowing that she was watching him. Matty ran a hand through her hair, "come on Jacobs".

"Where are we going Matty Lynn" Nate asked her again.

"Just come on. For once in your life just fucking listen to someone" she told him before running out of the door. Matty kept running till she came to his truck. She hopped in but stopped before looking at him, "I just realized I don't know how to drive" she said.

"Really?" Nate asked

"Yes Nathaniel" Matty said crawling across the drivers seat to the passenger side. She pulled her legs close to her chest.

"Where are we going?" Nate asked.

Matty grinned, "I don't know" she said. It was a lie. She had an idea in the back in her mind. 

"what" Nate asked raising his voice.

"Just drive please" Matty told him. 

Nate nodded and started the truck up. She smiled and stared out into the darkness. Matty hummed along to the radio and watched as the lights passed. 

"Go to next light and turn right" Matty said looking over at Nate. She watched as he nodded. Matty watched as he pulled into the club where her mom worked. 

"Why are we here" Nate asked looking up at the tacky sign.

"I wanna show you something" she said. Matty pulled open the door and hopped out. She waited for Nate to catch up. Matty walked up to the door looking at the people who were left outside. She knew that no one would be left. Matty felt a sort of a quiet hum in a place that was filled with chaotic energy. She pulled open the door pulling him through, "they have good breakfast" she said in a sarcastic tone. 

Nate stayed quiet beside her. 

Matty had spent most of her life inside of a club. Her mother would bring here as long as Matty could remember. No one was around to babysit her. Once in a while one of the other dancers would take her while her mother was "busy". Matty never knew it was not different till she got to school and heard the whispers. She had met some of the most inspirational people here. 

Her childhood was chaotic which produced a chaotic child. When Matty was little she would stared up at the lights watching as they changed color. Sometimes they would play the radio and let her dance around. Matty would try to get everyone to dance with her. When times were rough her mother and her would just stay here. Her mother would pile up some of the extra clothes in the back as a bed for the tiny child. 

Matty smiled as she came around to the stage area. She walked up on it and looked at Nate, "this is my home" she said.

"Kinda sad"

"Said the boy that grew up in an actual home that is just as much screwed up as I am" she told him.

"Is this going to result in me getting a lap dance?" he asked

"You wish" she told him.

"Why did we come here"

"I needed to see something" Matty said. 

"What?" Nate asked looking around awkwardly.

Matty ignored him before running back to the area. She walked back to her mother's area seeing everything gone. Matty gulped and did not look back at Nate, "I think she left me here".