Chapter 15 - Crossroad

Liza POV

I has been a year since I last spoke with Namjoon. And it sucks.

I am getting ready to go out when I see a news report about BTS going back to Korea next week to finish their world tour.

At first I thought I would get some angry texts or voicemails from Namjoon, but I guess we were both too stubborn to reach out. Or too hurt.

I still love him. He is impossible to ignore with the entire world screaming his name, but even more... he is impossible to forget.

I lied when I said I was going to stay in the States. I did for a few days to visit my parents but it was never my intention not going back to Korea. I just thought it would be easier if he would think we were in different countries.

In Korea my scandal was more easily forgotten and although there was some buzzing around the final episode of Problematic Man, Big Hit was able to shout it down effectively with a lot of new BTS content for the upcoming tour.

They have been all over the world in the past year promoting the album. Crazy success as usual. At first I thought I was seeing something different in Namjoon, some sadness, but then it passed and now I believe he is his normal self. I guess he is just over us by now. He is lucky... I am not.

I am back in college

I am back in college. I am finishing my degree and doing my master at the same time. Studying in Korea is a different experience, but I am still able to work part time for the studio, writing and doing fact check in television shows. It is not my idea of a future career but I like the people there and they pay me well enough to be able to study and support myself.

I finish getting ready and I check myself in the mirror. I lost a few pounds and my hair is a bit longer now. Even more difficult to control if that is possible. I chose to wear some fitted jeans and a white t-shirt. I enter the kitchen and see Ji Ho with Seok-jin whispering to each other.

Ji Ho is now going out with Ha Seok-jin. I couldn't stop laughing when I noticed it. They tried to hide it for a while but it became so obvious. Eventually I had to tell them I was aware Ha Seok-jin was not having breakfast at our home every other morning just because he loved my coffee making skills.

"Hey guys! What is going on?" They stopped talking as soon as they notice my presence and looked at each other in a suspicious manner.

"Nothing honey. Couple stuff, nothing important." Ji Ho smiled at me but is not convincing me at all.

My classes today were just during the morning but I have already been noticed by some teachers so I do extra work as assistant for the 1st and 2nd year. I actually don't have a lot of free time between classes, the work in the university and the part time in the studio.

"Liza! Come have lunch with us." I turn around and see So-Yi and Min-Ji waving at me. They were both master students in Computer Engineering, the same I was doing. I nodded and joined them.

"Don't tell us you have to work this friday night" Started So-Yi. I already knew where this was going. "You know about the party in my house right? I really want you to go! We have been good friends this past year and you haven't gone to any of my legendary parties yet. Do you know how many people would give a kidney to have an invitation?"

I smiled and put my arms up "Ok, ok! I surrender. I am going. This time I promise." My friends started screaming and I was already on my way to hide under the table when someone else entered the cafeteria yelling even louder.

"They are here! They are here!" Everyone looked at her and before passing out she just said "BTS are at the front gate" and collapsed.

It was chaos. Everyone got up at the same time and rushed over the building exit. I was not even aware of what I was doing as I was being pushed and dragged out by the crowd. Every single student that was on campus that day stood before the Campus entrance where the seven BTS members were.

In order to keep a safe zone for the band members, the campus security was making a human cord. Before knowing it my eyes searched for Namjoon. The second I saw him my world stop and every lie I told myself about forgetting him was shattered.

 The second I saw him my world stop and every lie I told myself about forgetting him was shattered

Namjoon POV

I love touring. It is hell physically, I am always exhausted, but it is my psychological medicine. Being energized by thousands of fans in the concerts, getting to know new countries and being together with my band members and crew are the best parts.

However, after the breakup with Liza my mind was in no place to start a world wide tour. The first two months were just a pure nightmare. There was just not enough energy in the world for me to be happy. Each show was a sacrifice, making me even more depressed that I had to pretend to be ok.

After two months I couldn't handle it anymore. I wanted to talk with Liza but I didn't have her american number, and it was not like I could reach her in the social media because I didn't have an account of my own and because as far as I know she doesn't have any active account.

That was when I found out she was back in Korea.

The guys were sick of seeing me so down so they decided to ask the phone of one of the dancers and we spent some hours at night checking the internet for any sign of her. We had no luck. But I remembered that her roommate also worked for the Studio and that was how Liza got her job for Problematic Men. I reached out to some friends in the studio and they told me Ji-Ho's number and, for my surprise, that Liza was back working for them part time.

I knew this didn't mean anything and that she probably wouldn't easily change her mind about her not being good to me or my career, but knowing that she was back in Korea gave me some kind of hope. We all agreed that once the tour was over and we were back in Seoul, I would have to do my best to get her back.

That is why I am with my best friends standing in front of a university facing hundreds of screaming students and scanning the crowd trying to find her. My Liza.

We couldn't stay there forever and I was almost giving up when I saw her. She was standing on top of the stairs that lead to the main building. Everyone was running in our direction but she was standing still and, therefore, standing out. She was thinner than a year ago and her hair was longer, but she was as beautiful as ever. She suddenly look at my direction and we looked eyes. The second I saw her my world stop and every lie I told myself about forgetting her was shattered.

____

It is not solved, but I hope you can see their headspace at the time :)

Question time:

What do you think I should improve in this book? I am thinking about revising it...