Chapter 2 - Problematic Girl

When I woke up the next morning I was still feeling like a zombie due to my running around and the mere 3 hours of sleep. Last night the writers team was in a closed room for hours and today I would have to go in a bit earlier to prepare everything for the first day of actually shooting.

"Liza? Are you here?" Ji-Ho peeked in my room "Last night I didn't hear you coming home, although you texted me I was worried..."

"Don't worry, I am fine. I decided to take a cab home instead of the train... The company said they would cover the cost because I was doing extra hours." I got up and started picking up my clothes for the day.

"You are not wearing that" screamed Ji-Ho barging into my room and taking away the simple t-shirt I had taken out of the closet.

"Why - why not?"

"You have to make a first good impression to the cast! Hotties, remember?" She started taking pieces out of my closet and I knew that once this process was finished my room would look like a clothing-vulcano.

"Tell me about it... I think the good impression part is out of the way to Kim Namjoon" I sighed sitting on the bed and letting the professional work.

"What? What happened?"

"I may have jump on top of him trying to stop him from eating dog food when he was just snacking and looking at a dog food package..." I knew she would scream so I was already shrinking into the bed corner. But she just started laughing.

"You - ahahha - I can't believe - ahahha - You are amazing - ahahahh - Way to go!"

"What? You don't think I looked like a fool?"

"You definitely looked like a fool. But I am sure he won't forget about you any time soon!" She smiled like a proud mother and gave me the clothes she had chosen: a red jumpsuit that is well fitted on the top and a bit looser on the bottom, some sandals with a little bit of high heel and huge earrings. "Here, fancy and practical. You can thank me later."

The set was crazy today, as one could expect. People running around, bright and hot lights being turned on, orders being screamed and "yes sir" being shout back, a normal shooting day. I had already done most of my job so I was just there during the filming to see if there was anything else that was needed and, obviously for the fun of it.

The cast started to introduce themselves and the presentation packages would be added in the post production. I could see that they had great chemistry together as they have been working together for some time now. They did a bit of a welcome back party to Kim Namjoon and all got sited in their places on set. The first part was a translation exercise in which they had to translate some jokes, which crack them up both because of the jokes as well as because of bad translations.

The second part of the show was a physics problem that demanded some physics and mathematical knowledge. The cast got stuck. Even Ha Seok-jin that was an engineer was having a hard time solving the problem. And I knew why... The problem was not well written, and even if they would crack it as the writers expected it would be wrong according to some physics' laws.

I didn't know what to do...

Kim Namjoon POV

I was having a hard time concentrating on the challenges today. Usually my concentration is one of my best assets but I couldn't help myself when I saw that american girl on set, the same that jump on top of me yesterday. Now even though I was trying to solve the problem I let myself look at her on the other side of the cameras. She looked as gorgeous as I remember, even though I prefered the casual look she had yesterday, but now she was doing a face that made me think that something was wrong.

I saw writing something on a piece of paper and placing it next to the writers when they were all looking at us trying to solve their problem. When the director was about to cut the scene, one of the writers noticed the paper and after a quick glance at it he ran towards the director and whispered something in his ear.

Liza POV

I was really relieved that one of the writers noticed my notes. The director decided to change the problem to an easier one they had planned as back-up. When the show was over the entire cast decided to ask the director what was the solution for the unsolvable problem.

"I was just told by the writers that the problem statement was not correct. But don't worry that we will look into it so that it won't happen again" The director answered in a professional way.

"But we are asking because we want to understand it, not because we are mad..." Seok-jin said again.

I froze on my seat. The note I had written explained some of the issues of the problem statement but I didn't have time to include the correct statement and the resolution. I could only hope the writers had been cracking it and would be able to answer.

"Hum, we - we are not sure - I mean, we know that it has an answer but we are still working on it" Mumbled one of the writers when the Director looked at him waiting for his response.

"Maybe that young lady could help us" Kim Namjoon pointed in my direction and I instinctively looked back wondering who he was pointing to. "No, you, in red"

Everyone was looking at me and I stopped breathing.

"Her? She is an intern as my assistant" Said the Director raising an eyebrow "She is not part of the writers team. I am not even sure she fully understands Korean."

"Oh, but she does." Insisted Namjoon. "You can solve it right? You were the one that noticed the issue with the problem statement"

How did he know? Was he looking at me? "Hum, I mean - I did write some notes but maybe it is better for the writes to show you the resolution another time..."

"Let her use the blackboard" Commanded the Director and everyone stood aside for me to go into the main part of the set.

I didn't know if they wanted me to explain the resolution or just to write it down, so I started by explaining the issue with the problem statement and then the resolution step by step.

"... and that is it. I am sorry for troubling the show" I said when I finished and put down the chalk.

There was complete silence. We could almost hear the sound of the huge lights in the building.

"How does she know that??"

____

This is getting interesting!! As you can imagine I know nothing about physics so I can't really show off a problem and a resolution :P

Question time: Do you watch Kdramas ou Cdramas? What are your favourites?

I love "Doctors", "Healer", "Love Me If You Dare" and "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" but I also enjoy many others!