Secrets, Sketches And Warmth (Requested) ~ Ignatz x Reader

Start from the beginning

After explaining everything that had been on his mind for the past few months, he definitely knew it was right to trust her.

"Ignatz... thank you for sharing that with me. I promise not to tell anyone about your art,"

Once he heard those words, Ignatz relaxed— something he hasn't really been able to do for some time. The feeling was actually a little strange to him, since he hasn't witnessed relaxation's comforting embrace in ages, as if it was keeping him safe now.

"No I-I... Y/n, thank you for keeping that promise. It... means a lot to me."

・°.・♦︎—♥︎—♦︎・.°・

This morning was almost like any other morning at Garreg Mach monastery. Waking up to a luminous dawn, being served a divine breakfast, sitting through Professor Byleth's lectures and learning new techniques for battle... everything seemed normal.
Now that all classes have been dismissed for a short period of time, students at the monastery were either getting something to eat in the Dining Hall, catching up with friends, staying behind in their classroom for extra study time or taking part in something else completely.

Y/n decided to get a small snack to eat, since she was starting to feel a bit hungry during the lessons. As she made her way inside the Dining Hall, she noticed many other students were there too, of course, eating and chatting to each other.
"Y/n!"
A voice called out in a rather timid manner, but it still caught her attention. Y/n's eyes scanned around the hall until they found Ignatz, standing in the queue and waving at her with his hand. Her eyes lit up once seeing him, and a smile budded at the corners of her lips as she approached him quickly.
"Hey, Ignatz!"
Once she was closer to him, Y/n picked up a plate off the large stack, ready to pick out different foods to eat during the break. She noticed Ignatz already picked out a handful of grapes.
"How's your day been?" She asked, deciding to start a conversation with him.
A small smile appeared upon his lips before he spoke again, taking a few steps to the side due to the que of students going along, with Y/n following him.
"It's been good!" Ignatz began.
"I woke up pretty early today to finish off a sketch," Taking an apple and placing it on his plate, he continued talking to her.
"Now that I finished drawing it, all I need to do is paint it!"

"Nice!" Y/n commended, happy to hear her friend is beginning to follow his heart again by painting.
"So, what's the piece going to be this time?" She picked up a pear, placing it on her plate.
"It's—"
Ignatz suddenly stopped speaking.
He froze on the spot, the only movement being the corners of his agape mouth tugging down, as if he came to a shocking realisation of something— as if it was something he shouldn't be saying. Especially in front of Y/n.
She raised a brow and chuckled in confusion, her laugh sounding rather uncertain.
"Ignatz...?" Y/n mumbled, wondering why he was so... hesitant.
"Is everything alright?"
Regaining focus, the forest-haired student shook his head and sputtered words that she couldn't understand very well, his round glasses falling off his nose slightly.
"Ah— um—" Ignatz shakily pushed his glasses up with his finger, laughing nervously and offering Y/n a bashful smile.
"You see— well— er— I—"
The words tumbled out uncontrollably, not giving Ignatz a chance to compose himself. He was starting to shake so much that it was easy to see the grapes and apples rattling around on the wobbling plate he held, the plate itself close to slipping off his hand.

It would've if it wasn't for her touch.

"Ignatz,"

Y/n's tone was calm and tender. Her hand was gently placed upon his shoulder, gripping it softly to help her friend to concentrate. Her hand was... kind, somehow putting an end to the flood of jumbled words spilling, and stopping him from shaking so frantically out of distress. Y/n was warm, safe— Ignatz could've easily melted into her touch, but given the current situation he wrapped himself up into, such a thing was, sadly, not possible at the moment.