Chapter 25. A day off

The next day, me and Calvary had the whole day to ourselves. With my tail now gone, he insisted that we go out. I was still a bit worried. I was starting to show, only slightly, but it enough to be noticeable. Especially on my skinny male physique. The problem was quickly solved with an oversized sweatshirt, and a loose pair of cargo shorts.

"We'll get you clothes while we're out," Calvary smiled at me, as he caught me frowning in the mirror. It wasn't that I thought his clothes were ugly, intact, compared to most men he was rather well dressed. It's just that they seemed to dwarf me, and I didn't exactly like constant reminder that I was puny.

"You don't have to buy me things," I told, even though I really wanted my own clothes. He's already done so much for me, I'd just feel like shit if he spent money on me. Worthless shit, who can't even provide for himself.

My gut wrenched at my thoughts, flooding me with anxiety. My goddess, what was I even doing? Trying to have a kid. Would Calvary let me stay here with it? We never actually talked about what he thought about the baby, or about us. Like yeah, we're fated mates, but did that automatically make us a couple? And if so, was he okay with this? With my mark? My kid?

"Hey, hey," Calvary side stepped in front of me. He was frowning at me with clear concern, which did make me feel slightly better.

"What's wrong?"

"Sorry," I shook my head, trying to shake out the negative thoughts. We had time to discuss this, for now I needed to focus on joining the pack and getting Charlie and the twins. That was top priority, and Calvary wasn't gonna distract me with his other worldly hotness, or our weird relationship.

"I was just thinking about my old pack," I offered as an excuse, "I never really had my own clothes, so you shouldn't bother buying me any. I'm more than happy with this."

"Ty," he hummed cupping my face as he lowered his head to mine, stopping at only a breath apart. I hitched, and caught the urge to pull back as my stomach flipped inside me like a gymnast.

"I'm getting you clothes. There's no reason you shouldn't be allowed something g as basic as that. Okay?"

I nodded, unable to offer any other response. Calvary smirked, seemingly pleased with my reaction, before standing to his full height.

"Good, then let's go," he dropped my face, only to quickly capture my hand, and guided me out. He stopped at a dark blue truck and opened the passenger door for me. I frowned at it, feeling rather unsure about this. I've never been in a vehicle before, and was honestly kind of scared of them. They seemed like metal death traps, from what I gathered off of tv. Always crashing into each other and blowing up. I didn't want my baby in that.

"Have you never been in a car before," Calvary asked when I didn't make a move to climb up.

"Of corse I have," I bit out with a heated face. I wasn't even sure I was embarrassed.

"Do you need help getting up," Calvary inquired with quirked brows and a cute little smirk.

I adverted my eyes from him, unable to deal with his attractiveness any longer. Why couldn't he just be ugly? This would be so much easier if he was.

"Okay," Calvary sang easily gripping my bony hips in his large warm hands. My skin came alive with a wave warm tingles making my heart flutter and causing a giggle to rise in my throat. I held it down, determined not to make any more of a fool of myself.

"Up we go," he lifted me up and settled me into the seat, and then strapped a weird band over me. I frowned and tugged at it, not liking the trapped feeling it came with.