Chapter 14. Saving Grace

"What's you're name," Calvary smiled cheerfully at me as he bent over my bed. His chair was scooted so close to me, his knees were squished into the thin mattress, and his fingers seemed to be twitching towards me.

I curled back from him, not liking how flustered he made me, and still unsure of his objective.

"Ty."

God, if I thought he was smiling before then this must be his impression of the Cheshire cat. His mouth spread out so wide it creased into his eyes, and I thought that for sure his face was gonna split. It made me wince just thinking of how his smooth pretty cheeks must be aching.

"Can I have you turn around," the doctor lady spoke as she finally took her hands away from me, "I need to check your tail."

I looked at her confused, before looking behind me, and sure enough my tail was sticking out, wrapped tightly in blue tape. How I failed to notice this before now was completely beyond me, but I just put to whatever pain medicine I was sure they had me on.

I sighed, not particularly liking the thought of turning my back on one of them. I wanted to keep both these strangers in my sight. I was already so fucking vulnerable, I couldn't afford to lower my defenses, especially with the little pup in my stomach. At the same time my tail needed to be checked. It must have been pretty fucked up after getting bit and yanked on like that, and I also needed to hurry up and heal for my pup.

I gave a slow nod, and awkwardly shifted my self around so I was now actually facing Calvary. He was still smiling at me, and I was starting to wonder what kind of happy drugs he had. And where could I get some?

Then my tail was touched.

I yelped loudly as a waterfall of heavy hot pain washed up my spine. How the hell did I not notice my tail? It hurt so fucking bad. It was a horrible pain that settled into my guts and made me want to retch. I gasped in a gulp of air as I tried to adjust to the new found pain. My eyes sprung with tears that blurred the world around me.

Even with my vision impaired though, I could still make out the terrifying way Calvary's face went from sunshine and butterflies to a death it's self. I shuddered despite the pain that brought on.

"What are you doing," he growled and I almost sobbed in panic, thinking it was directed to me, but then the lady spoke up.

"I was just taking off the bandage," she yipped out fearfully, "the tail is incredible sensitive, since it's part of the spine, that's all, and the pain medicine is probably starting wear off."

The angry giant just gave another growl before trying reach out for me.

No way was I letting that monster touch me though, I whined loudly and yanked back. He thankfully froze at the sound. His anger seeming to have melted right off him, as he reverted back to the wounded puppy from earlier.

"I'm sorry Ty," he soothed, "I just wanted to make you feel better. Promise."

Yeah right, you looked ready to claw me to death and drink my blood. Psycho.

When I didn't react he frowned harder but reluctantly pulled back. After that, I was careful not to let my pain show to much as the lady finished up with my tail.

"You seem to be healing nicely," she said after she wrapped my tail, "we've flushed out the toxins you had in you while you were asleep, and buy you're still not quiet up where you're supposed to be. That's probably just due to malnourishment. The swelling in your neck has gone down, but try to avoid moving it to much. I would suggest sleeping in a neck brace for the time being. As for your tail, everything's aligned and closed up, it shouldn't be more then a week till it's healed up."

"Okay," Calvary seemingly spoke up for me. Normally, I'd complain about that, but I was still to weary of him to say anything.

"Thank you Jen."

Jen. That was her name. I feel like Calvary even said it earlier too. Goddess, I really needed to get better with names.

Jen nodded, scampering out and leavingme alone with Calvary. The man stared intensely at me as soon as she was gone, like he was waiting for something.

I kept my mouth shut, unsure of what I was supposed to say to this stranger, and not wanting to bring any new pain to my throat.

"You're pretty," he blurted out.

"You missing your glasses or something," I croaked, knowing I must have looked like shit right about now. My those crackled painfully as I spoke, but was more bearable after the tea he brought.

With a small smile, Calvary chuckled at my lame joke. I bubbled with pride at that, and I wasn't even sure I was so glad that he found me funny.

"I'm not," he assured me, "but after looking at you I might need them."

Confused, I gave him a questioning look. He only smiled proudly at me as he continued, "cause you're beauty's blinding."

"That was awful," I chortled out, feeling my cheeks pulling with edge to smile at it.

"Yeah," he agreed but was still smiling so warmly at me, it was starting to make me squirm.

"So," I said desperate for a distraction from whatever this boy was making me feel, "what's the deal with the Alpha and the twins?"

"You don't know," he quirked his head to the side, looking genuinely shocked. It made me feel a bit stupid, so I just quietly shook my head ignoring the small twinge in my neck the action caused.

"Sydney's the alpha's mate," Calvary said quietly, "she and Sammy kits disappeared one day. The alpha's been a wreck since. We had our suspicions of your pack, but without proof the council wouldn't let us attack."

"Council," I echoed. I wasn't aware that there was a council in the werewolf world.

"You don't know what the council is," he questioned his eyes dropping in concern.

"I mean," I tumbled out, "I wasn't aware that werewolves had one."

"Ty," he sucked in, "did you receive any education?"

I felt unfamiliar tight sensation bloom in my chest. It was hot and itchy and made me want to curl in a hole and die. I didn't understand. Of corse, I always wanted an education, but I never got so torn up about it before. He made me feel so stupid for not having one with just a few words. How did he have so much power over me?

Never mind him, what about my pup?How the fuck was I suppose to raise it as I am now. I didn't even know about the council! Goddess, this was all a bad idea! I should have kept those pills! The baby's fucked, cause I'm just a dumb omega witch no means of supporting it!

"Ty," Calvary called gently, "it's okay if you haven't. It wasn't your fault."

Though that did make the uncomfortable feeling fade, my panic was still present. It didn't matter who's fault it was. The truth of the matter was that I was in no shape to be having babies!

"And I'll teach you," he continued, "so it's fine."

"Really?"

I was completely stunned. Both by this man's extended kindness, something I've never been offered before, and how fucking easy it was for him to completely sooth me. It was easy for him to rile me up too, which I also didn't understand. I prided myself in my ability to keep cool and calm no matter what. Yet, I meet a hot guy and all the sudden I'm like some dumb pre teen girl getting her period for the first time. I was getting even weaker; and what's word, I didn't mind it at all.

"Of corse," he smiled, "anything for you."

Any mistrust I had for him, evaporated with those words. His steady eyes flowed brightly with a certainty, that made it clear he was not lying to me.

I think I found my saving grace.