Chapter 19. A Shocking Apology and an Ultrasound

"You're pregnant?!"

I flinch away from the scary alpha as my muggy brain slowly takes in his words.

"Oh," I said, after processing his words "yeah."

Alpha Stephen frowned pulling back from me, allowing me to get a better look of the room. I took a quick glance around, catching Jen, and a small woman with crazy hair, whom I've never seen before. Oddly, there was distinct absence of Calvary. My wolf whines at his disappearance, and I can't help but echo them a little bit.

Where was he? Was he hurt from the fight?

Suddenly the room felt a lot smaller, Stephen a lot bigger. I didn't like this. I didn't like being in there with all these strangers. Especially Stephen. His alpha sent seemed to be stronger and it was choking me.

Shit, I was panicking again.

What was wrong with me? Why was I always so weak?

No! I shook my head, those thoughts weren't helping. They were just making me feel even smaller, the Alpha now towering over me. It was like I was standing at the base of a mountain looking up.

Not good.

None of this was good. I looked away from the alpha, just as a small cold hand clamped over my mouth. I squealed trying to pull back, but Jen holds me steady."Calm down," she said calmly, "focus on me, and follow my breathing."

With an assuring nod from her I slowly tired to copy her deep breaths. The room expanded again, and I realized the during my panic Stephen had backed up and now stood a comfortable distance from me. The other girl had disappeared, but I wasn't to worried about her."There you go," Jen said as she pulled her hand back, "Are panic attacks common for you?"

It took me a moment to answer, my body felt heavy and my bones were starting to ache, as my head pounded from the stress of the day. Still I forced the shaky words out, "not really. They used to be, when I was little."

"Okay," she nodded, "it's probably just due to all the recent changes. Once you get used to here, they'll hopefully go away."

I nodded, and gave her a small smile. Maybe, I could also trust her, along with Calvary. After all she was a pack doctor, like April.

"Now Ty," she said, "I need to check on your baby. All the stress you've been through could have harmed it. Is that okay?"

"Um yeah," I said, still unsure about how I felt about them knowing. How'd they even find out in the first place? S'pose it doesn't really matter all that much. They were gonna fine out eventually anyways. Still..."Are you guys gonna send me back now," I whispered tensely.

"No," Alpha Stephen answered, as he leaned heavily against the wall, "with everything you've told us about your pack, doing so would be a danger to you and the baby."

I couldn't help but collapse into the fluffy pillows under me. It felt as if this whole time I had been pinned under a bus, and Superman just showed up and thrown it off me. I was safe they weren't gonna send me back.

Which also meant all my stressing over the past few days were for nothing, and could have been avoided. I frowned and internally cursed my past self for being such a moron.

"Don't worry," Alpha Stephen continued, "we'll get your mate out to."

"No," I shouted, bolting up before Alpha Stephen could even close his mouth, "that's a bad idea. Trust me."

He looked a little confused, but nodded all the same, and I again sagged back down. Him and Jen shared a look, and I was sure they were mind linking each other. I tensed up slightly remembering what happened the last time the stressed out alpha mind linked someone about me. Thankfully, this time ended with Jen giving me a small wave before she scurried our leaving me alone with the Alpha.

I stayed tense, not liking being left alone with him. He was the biggest threat to me. He had the power to kill me, send me back, or...My wolf whimpered not liking where my thoughts were going, as I instinctively wrapped an arm securely over my stomach.

"Well, if you wanted me all to yourself that much, you just had to ask," I said with a fake cockiness and a forced smile.

He gave a small chuckle as he smirked at me, "I can smell your fear Ty. You're not fooling me."

"I wasn't trying to," I shrugged, "I know enough about alpha's yo know that it would be pointless."

"Oh," he said, "so what's with the attitude?"

"Just because I'm scared, doesn't mean I have to act like it. All the other omega's let fear control them, and it didn't help them at all. It just made them more miserable, I don't want o be like them."

"Well," he said as he pushed off the wall, "for all your shit, you are quite wise. Aren't you."

"I try."

He gave me a small nod, before heaving our a sigh. Though I noticed how wrecked he was earlier, it became painfully clear with that sigh. It was like suddenly I was no longer looking at the jocky boy I met when I first stumbled in; but a worn out middle aged man, with a dead end job he hated it. He almost felt normal. Like he was just a person, not an alpha.

"I'm sorry."

"What," I blanched not expecting that.

"I'm sorry," he repressed with a sincerity in his eyes that could pry rival the Goddess's."My behavior to you has been rude and frankly disgusting," he continued, "I was just mad that you were here instead of my mate. I couldn't understand the twins would help you, instead of getting out them selves, and I wrongly blamed you for it. I can see now why they did it."

"Um," I said feeling my cheeks go red hot. In all my life, I don't think I've ever had a more dominate wolf apologize to me. I'm just some stupid little omega. They shouldn't care about my feelings at all.

"Don't worry about it," I mumbled, as I looked away, suddenly ten times more uncomfortable with the Alpha then I was a few seconds ago. I did feel a bit safer though.

Before things could to much more awkward Jen came back, two others rolling in some sort of monitor behind her. "Alright Ty, ready to see your baby?"

"Ah yeah," I agreed. She gave me a big smile, as she started to get the machine set up. While she was doing that, I decided to question Calvary's absence. I was slightly worried that he was gravely injured while fighting the alpha for my sake. I sure fucking hoped not. I'd never be able to live the guilt down.

"Where's Calvary?"

"He's Okay," Alpha Stephen said, apparently reading my mind, "he just needs some time to cool down."

I nodded, and decided to let it be for now. As long as he wasn't hurt, I didn't really care. I just wished he hurry back, I felt off without him here.

"Okay, I'm gonna life your shirt," Jen says. I nod and watch as she pulls it back. I was surprised to see that despite my ribs still jetting trough my skin, my stomach seemed to have bulged out some. Was that the baby? Had it really grown that much.

"This will be cold," she warned, but I still flinched as the ice goo was rubbed onto my pale skin. She then carefully pressed a wand looking thing to my stomach, and moved it around until a white blurry thing showed up on screen.

"Okay," Jen said, " that's the baby. Looks like you're about a month in? Does that sound right?"

"Yeah," I said as I thought it over in my head. I had started showing symptoms a week after the initial mating, and about two weeks later I escaped, which put me at a little over three weeks at least.

"Good," she smiles, "then it looks exactly where it should be at now. We'll check again, in a month or so. And I have to warn you, giving all that's happened, you should expect some complications."

I gulped, but nodded.

"For now," she continued, "everything seems fine. We'll get you on some vitamins to help with the pregnancy, but other then that all you need to to do is stay relaxed. Okay?"

"Okay," I agreed. She gave another smile before whipping the goo off, and packing up.I just ignored her as I focused on my protruding stomach. I smiled. The baby's okay. It wasn't all for nothing, and now the baby could grow up in a safe and happy place, because of me. I don't think I'll ever be this proud again.