Chapter 11 Imposter, Back Off!

As Marinette sleeps she calls out, "C-Chat, come back!"  She does not hear a  thing as the alarm sounds. She remains alseep even as he approaches her room. She cannot see his wicked grin as he gets closer to her!  She has no idea he is here, or that he wears a similiar outfit as Chat.

           Chat Noir  passes by Marinette's!  He considers a vist,but thinks, no!  How can I when I told her that I would not come back?  He is about to turn to leave when he sees someone else in her room near her bed.  He is not to happy about this!

          Chat grabs up the key. He unlocks the back door, runs up the stairs and enters her room!  he sees the intruder.  He sneaks up behind him as he is about to place a pillow over Marinette's  lovely face!  He taps him on the shoulder!

         "Hey, you!  Imposter, Back Off!"  Chat calls out.

        "What was that Chat Noir?"  The man retorts.  He does not seem to happy to see him.

       "Back away from Marinette, now!  Leave!" Chat blurts out!  He hisses at him.  He thinks, how dare this creep enter her home and try to kill her!  

      "No,there is a job to do!  No one will stop me, not even you!"  He retorts.  He charges at full force towards Chat Noir.

       It is then, that Chat sees the weapon out of the corner to his eyes. He looks on in horror as the man is about to stab him with it. He braces himself for impact.  Nothing happens!

      "Bong,bong,bong!"  The huge clay pot sounds, then a huge "Crack,crack, crack!"  is heard as it breaks over the top of the man's head.  The person responsible for this looks at Chat in surprise!

      "Whoa, that was really something!  Where did you learn a move like that anyway?" Chat remarks.

        "Ch-Chat are you feline okay?"  The voice says. She looks like she might pass out.

        "Yes, I am fine!  All thanks to you, princess!  Thanks by the way, and the pun is puntastic!"  Chat says.

        Marinette rolls her eyes. She is glad to see him!  She cannot believe he came back! Who would have thought it would take a  creep like whoever it is on the floor to her room out cold for Chat to return?

       "Princess,tell me you did not just roll those precious, blue eyes at me!"  Chat retorts.

       "Ha, Chat you caught me!  Anyway, it is ever good to see you!  You are sight for sore eyes!"  Marinetter remarks.

        "Oh, it was nothing!  I came by to check on you and found him here!  I had to act fast!"  Chat Noir says.

      "Did you really worry about yours truly?"  Marinette ask.

        "Yes, I did worry that you would be hurt.  I am so glad that your are alright!"  Chat Noir tells her.

       "About that I might be physically fine, but emotionally I am a total wreck! " Marinette blurts out.

       "Really, why?"  Chat ask. He pretends he has no idea.  He cannot let her know that he already knows she and Alya are not on the best of terms now.

        "It  is  just Alya and I had a fight!  She was furious!  I cannot blame her.  I did slap and punch her!  Both which I regret now and..." Marinette says this in between tears.

           "Marinette, I am sorry!  This must be hard for you!" Chat says.

       Marinette replies, "You have no idea! What is worse is that she says, you would probably never return!  She even told me that she thought I was the one to push you away!  She is right, but I..."

     Chat  pulls her close. He can feel her breath near him. He likes the way this makes him feel. He might actually just enjoy this to much!  He frowns when he remembers the invader is still here!  What is he to do with him?

      Marinette sees the look Chat has!  It is a look of puzzlement!  She thinks it to be funny!  It rather amuses her.  She calls for help, and reports that a crook broke into her home!  She tells how she was brave and hit him hard with a pot.  

      "Yes, the pot broke! " Marinette says into the phone.

       "The operator says, Glad you are not hurt,Miss Dupain-Cheng.  I will send a police officer over right away!"  She dispatches the police.  

       As they wait for the police to arrive, Marinette turns to Chat.   

       "Chat, I did miss you!" Marinette says.

      "Miss this silly, leather clad, cat who is not someone special!  yeah, right?"  Chat retorts.

      "Chat, you are important!" Marinette says.

     "I am not." Chat yells at her!

      "yes, you are!"  Marinette yells back at him.

    The door bell rings. Marinette goes to answer it with Chat close behind her.  The two show the police the bad person and they arrest him.  They suggest Marinette keep someone with her at all times to ensure her safety, or install a better alarm!  Perhaps, one with video footage!

        The police take the intruder away!  Chat is glad to see Marinette is no worse for wear!  He is glad under the circumstances he got there when he did!  He is  happy the bad person did not kill her!  He would have had to kill him, if he had.

      "Marinette, I  cannot believe this!" Chat says. He looks to be in pain.

        "Chat?"  Marinette says. She sees he has a small wound on his shoulder.

       "I did not tell the police he got me, because I think it is not that big a deal.  It was worth it to see you."  Chat Noir says.

          Marinette tends to his wound. She is sure to be careful as she cleans the area, adds disinfect to it, and applies a bandage to it too. She smiles, when Chat scowls at her!  She thinks, there is the Chat I know.

         "Marinette?" Chat says simply. It is more of a statement than a question really.

          "Chat,shh!" Marinette says. She smiles at him. She can see him blush. She thinks, man is he cute!  She blushes too.

           *edits made Oct 11,2019 

          to be continued in Chapter  12  Here, Take It!