Chapter 2 Chaton Buys Some Food?

The next morning, Chat wakes up first.  He feels sorry for Marinette.  He wishes he knew how to cheer her up. He cannot think of anything.  He goes downstairs. He opens the frig. He sees there is only a small carton of milk, and one single string cheese stick inside. He shakes his head as he thinks, this will never do.  He leaves to search for some food.

            Marinette wakes up. She looks around and sees she is all alone. She thinks, wait where did Chat go?  She knows it was not a dream that he really was here last night. She wonders what has become of him?  She gets up, changes into some regular clothes and sighs. She cannot help, but think it strange he should make such a quick exit.  Does he not know she still needs him now?

           An hour later, Marinette hears a tap at the bakery door. She opens it to find Chaton there with his arms full of  bags. She thinks, what could be inside them?   What took him so long to get back anyway? 

          "Chat, you are back!"  Marinette says with relief in her voice.

       Chat remarks,  "Purincess, I only went to search for nourishment.  It seems you were low on food." 

       "What? " Marinette ask with surprise clearly in her tone of voice.

      "Here, Marinette!  These are groceries for you!"  Chat says. He grins when she sets two bags down on the table.

        Marinette looks inside the bags. She smiles just a little when she sees some eggs, carrots,milk, juice, oatmeal, cereal, jam, ham, bacon, celery, raisins, brown sugar, and much more.  She is glad to see he even bought some soap, shampoo, and conditioner.  She was almost out of these as well.  Besides, she figures at least this way she has some of the basic things she needs.  She wonders, did he get toliet paper?  She is not sure how to ask this without seeming ungrateful though.

        "Marinette, here!   I could not help, but notice the bathroom did not appear to have much of this in it."  Chat says as he hands her a package of toliet paper.  He smiles when she looks at him in surprise.  Then, he hands her a box of  laundry detergent too.  

       "Wow, Chaton, it seems you thought of everything!  Thank you!"  Marinette responds.

      "Glad to be of service, princess!  Now, let me know if you need help with the meal preparations or anything else."  Chat tells her.

        Marinette puts the items where they belong.  When she finishes she smiles up at him.  She still finds it hard to believe he actually bought her all these things.  Why he even went out of the way to buy her a word search puzzle, some new pencils, and a nice new purse.  She did not even say a word about the condition of her old purse.  She knows it is worn out, but how did Chat find out?

     "Chat, how did you know that my purse strap was broken?"  Marinette ask him.

      "It was hanging on by a thread, Marinette!  Besides, the bottom part was about to fall off too, so the way I see it is that you could use a new one.  Hope you like it!  " Chat remarks.

        "Like it, I sure do!  It is my favorite color too. Thank you ever so much!"  Marinette says as she gives him a quick hug.  Chat is taken by surprise by the gesture, but hugs her back.

      Marinette decides she must think of a way to repay him, but how?   It is not like she knows what he likes.  She smiles, as she gets to work on a batch of cookies.  She believes what better way to thank him than to let him take home some of the chocolate chip cookies.  She hums a bit as she bakes.

     Chat just watches her in amazement. He thinks, she is such a wonder.  He notices she is kind, yet pretty.  He can tell she  has gone through so much yet she is thankful for the groceries I purchase for her.  He wonders why she is so hard at work on the cookies. He does not interrupt her.  He just smiles.  He writes her a note to let her know why he must leave for awhile.  He hates to leave her alone even if only for a short time.  He exits through the bakery door.  He sighs.

     Marinette finishes the batch of goodies. As they cool, she realizes Chat is rather quiet. She looks around and sees he is no where nearby.  She thinks, wait, where is he now?  She picks up the note and gasps. She feels her eyes fill with tears once more.

    Here is  Chat's Note for Marinette:

     Dear Marinette,

      I do believe you could use all the support you may receive.  You need not repay me anything.  Now, do not take it the wrong way.  I do like sweets, especially the ones you bake.  However, you need not give me any in return for the purchases I left for you.  I bought them out of the goodness of my heart.  It was the least I could do since the loss of your parents.

   Mari, I do believe you to be a kind,pretty young lady.  Thanks for understanding.  Do not worry about me.  I only need some time to think. 

     Also, I got in touch with Nino.  Turns out he still keeps in touch with Alya.  Nino says that Alya will be here within a few days to help you with the funeral arrangements.  He also, says to let you know that wishes the best for you.

      In the meantime,  I will do my best to see to it that you are not to lonely.  I will make sure you have all your bills paid, and will get you a new phone charger. The other one appears to have a loose wire which I might add is dangerous.  

       My kwami only eats Cambert cheese, so if you want to help me then could you find it to see to it that this type of cheese is in stock?   If you do not think you can afford this, do not worry, I will find the cheese elsewhere.  

        See you again, really soon, princess!

                Sincerely,

                 Chat Noir  "Silly cat"

to be continued in Chapter 3  A  Familiar Tap, Tap, Tap!