CHAPTER ONE

01||THERE IS NO 'I' IN TITANS

____________*~【🕸️】~*___________

Swinging from building to building, a figure in white and black danced in the moonlit city that she DID NOT call her home. Yes, she may eat, sleep and, well, 'work' here but no. This city was not her home. In fact, nothing was. Not yet anyway.

Finally, the platinum blond, clad in her suit from head to toe, stood still, perched atop of a roof, looking over San Francisco. Then, in that moment, the radio on her belt crackled to life, the distorted voice laced with a slight hint of panic. "We've got a reported hostage situation and shooting in the bank on 44th street. Requesting backup immediately." Without a single hesitation, the young Cinder woman swung between buildings, heading straight for the bank.

In the darkness of the night, no one could've seen without a light and neither could Eris if she didn't have good eyes. Few blue and red lights reflected on the buildings surrounding the bank, shedding the tiniest bit of light in the dark. Heavily armed police lined up at the front, guns and batons at ready. Peering further into the abyss, the platinum blond skimmed her surroundings, spotting a three snippers on the way. Rolling her eyes, she cursed under her breath. Humans, they rely on each other to much. Or they use each other to much. Depends on the way a person looks at it.

Blasting one of the snippers, she trapped the man under her webs. "What th-" before he could finish his sentence, Eris covered his mouth in several webs and looked over him. "Why, might I say that you look a little tired? Maybe you should take a nap." the Cinder woman said before hitting him on the back of his neck, the man slumping unconscious. "Nighty night bitch." she smiled, stepping over him before moving on to the others, disabling them in a matter of seconds.

Muffled shouts came from their covered mouths as they struggled against their bonds, a somewhat hint of fear in their eyes as Eris looked over they. "Jesus, I'm not gonna kill you." the Cinder woman sighed irritated as she rolled her eyes behind her mask. Once more, the radio on her belt crackled to life. "We've got an idea of what the situation is inside. We've got 30 hostages and an unknown number of hostage takers. There are no open doors anywhere but there is an open window on the 4th floor." the platinum blonde's eyes scanned the building at what she heard as she planned out on what she would do.

The Spiderwoman jumped across the broad street, swallowed in shadows, as she crawled closer before silently swinging inside. The air was silent and everything was dark, the outlines of desks, chairs and a pair of stairs with golden armrests being the only visible things that lined up in her vision. Climbing up the wall, Eris crawled over the ceiling in the dark to the main floor. Her skin crawled and the hair's on her arms stood up and the platinum blonde quickly duck away in the shadows even more then before.

Dressed from head to toe in gear, with a sky mask on and a gun in his hand, a man rounded the corner in the hallway. "Showtime." Biding her time, the Cinder woman patiently waited for the man to pass by. Quickly dropping to the floor, the Spiderwoman drew one of her daggers from her booth, making but the slightest sound. The man turned around in a swift motion before Eris ripped his gun from his hands and webbed it to the ceiling. "What the f-"