Chapter 1

So I wrote a story called 'my best friend was kidnaped' i liked it but it needed a lot of editing. so i went and edited it and changed the title. this is the changed version. i will post everything on this. i hope you like it. while its really a lot of adventure right now it really does tone down into the romance thing a little latter but the adventure never stops. i tried a little bit of everything. i have the first 11 parts now which i will post in a moment but i will post more as i write it. please enjoy fans voting and comments would make my life but even just reading is excellent. thanks a million for reading :)

Chapter 1

One Of Those Days

Kristy

I knew my day was going to be bad when the bus broke down 10 miles from the school. I lived in a small townhouse in NYC. I loved my home but my school was practically torturous. Don’t get me wrong all schools are torturous but the fact that my school wasn’t even here in the city and I had to take an hour and a half bus ride to get there wasn’t really helping the school to win me over. Its not even that my school is far away, just that my bus driver is slower then molasses going up a hill in January. It seems like an exaggeration but its not, I biked to school on my bus route in 45 minutes one time. My townhouse is in a nicer part of Manhattan and my school is just outside of the city.

No body even seemed to notice when the bus first broke down, we just thought that our bus driver was going slower than usual. It took everyone almost two whole minutes before somebody noticed that the bus was smoking and not moving in general. Then all the freshmen started freaking out. The seniors were fooling around, and the joiners were flocking around them, being the wanna-bees that they are. My friend and I, the only two sophomores on the whole bus, were just sitting calmly. Well, I was sitting calmly, Annabeth has an inability to be calm. She is a talker, and is never able to stand still. While she annoys a lot of other people I’m impressed by her ability to talk like she is on fast forward. We have been next door neighbors since preschool when I moved here.

My mother died when I was two and my father had gone suicide from depression shortly after. Thanks dad, not. So I moved in with my aunt in her two bedroom townhouse. Annabeth always thought it was sad that I had no parents. I didn’t care though. My dad had never been much of a father from what I can remember and my aunt was like the mother I never had. Annabeth had a huge family, her family was like a second family to me. I’ve been over to her house almost every day since 3rd grade when my aunt had to take a full time job to pay for private school for me. Annabeth’s mother would feed us cookies and her younger twin brothers would try to steal as many of them as they could and Annabeth’s baby sister, Chloe, would cry. Things are a little different now The twins have soccer practice after school and Chloe is now 12. Her mom still makes us cookies though.

“I cannot believe this stupid bus, we have been taking this bus for how many years now and every day I tell our bus driver that we need to change the tires or bring the bus in for check up or something and the bus driver laughs at me. She fricken laughs and look where we are now. How are we getting to school? I mean I hate school as much as the next person but I can’t be tardy for health again of the teacher will kill me. I'm not kidding either. Its not fault I was sick and then had a doctors appointment. I'm gone two times and she flips out on me. She hates me Kris and I don’t know why, I do good in that class too...and I have that test too and if I fail that test I fail the class Kris. I FAIL IT...” I ignored the rest of whatever Annabeth was going to say and closed my eyes. I had such a headache. Was I getting sick? Ugh I didn’t want to be sick, we had our big end of the year trip coming out. I yawned.

“Are you even listening to me? I asked you a question Kristy.”

“Oh sorry A I wasn’t listening I’m real tired.”

I never got to find out what Annabeth’s high-and-mighty-needs-an-answer question was since the bus driver picked that exact moment to yell at the freshmen to call AAA for her. What a butt. The freshmen started to babble about how the bus should have a phone and then argue about whose phone would be used. The bus driver just swiped the nearest freshies phone straight from their hand and started dialing. I wondered how many times the bus had broke down if she had memorized AAAs number. I shuddered. A stopped her constant babble for a second as the bus driver shut the phone and turn to the rest of the people ‘patiently’ waiting for an update on how the rest of our morning would go.

“Okay everyone AAA will be here in 30 minutes. If your okay with missing first period stay on the bus.” The seniors whooped louder then a crowd of our school’s football fanatics after our school one a game against our rivals, NYPPS (New York Private Preparatory School, I know, what a stuck up obvious name). The freshmen started to talk but the bus driver continued on. “If you want to make it to school on time I would suggest signing out on this sheet here,” she pulled out a crumply piece of blank paper from the sun visor and stuck it next to the door, “and you can take a taxi or get your parents to pick or up or something, I really don’t care.”

A looked at up at me and started babbling again. I looked at her and opened her mouth. Annabeth immediately shut up.

“Is your mom able to drive us?” I asked getting right to the point.

“No, she has yoga over in Queens with that friend of hers from that cooking class she took back in December with...”

I interrupted her again “Okay then, I’m gonna go over there and try to sign that sheet before the bus driver tazers the freshmen,” Annabeth giggled, “You go out there and try to get a taxi and I’ll meet up with you after I call up my aunt and your mom so they know why we were tardy,” I quickly corrected myself seeing Annabeth’s wide eyes and remembering that she had a big test that morning and there was no way she would have the time to make it up if she missed it, “IF we are tardy that is, which we probably won’t be, but just in case...”

Annabeth nodded and got up throwing her robins egg blue backpack over her shoulder and walking off the bus before anyone else so she could nab the first taxi. I called my aunt’s and Annabeth’s mom and left them voicemails. Then quickly got up, trying to keep Annabeth from waiting to long, and signed the sheet.

The bus driver was staring at me and how it was starting to eek me out. She stopped me right as I was about to escape saying something about being careful and not getting killed, I wasn’t really paying attention, though I stared, nodded and listened like the good little student I was. She held me up for at least 5 minutes which pretty much sucked like a Dyson vacuum cleaner. By the time she let me go I was getting off the bus twice as fast, trying to escape her beady glare, just in time to watch A get into a taxi and drive away, without me. And that was just the icing on the bad day cake that had been ahead of me.