Chapter 11: To Be Left Alone

*DRACO*

I take Hermione by the hand and lead her away from her parents' grave.

"Shh," I tell her as she starts to sob. I hold her to my chest to try and comfort her, even though I know it's no good. "Let's go home," I suggest.

We apparate back to the Burrow.

"You know what," I say as I set Hermione on the bed, "we need to get our own place."

"We're not married yet," she says into a pillow.

"Yeah, I know. But we could...ya know...get a place...to be ready. We can't stay here forever."

"Yeah. You're right."

I look at Hermione. She's lying on her stomach, her face smashed into a pillow. I sit down on the opposite side of the bed and lay down on my side.

"Hey, turn over. I don't want the pillow to suffocate you."

"Maybe that's a good thing."

"What?"

"If the pillow suffocates me."

"Hermione, why?!"

"Because then I'll be with my parents."

"Hey, I say. "Please don't think like that. Am I not enough for you?"

That made her turn over.

"Oh, Hun," she says, "of course you are. I'm just grieving, I guess."

"Yeah," I say hesitantly. "That must be it."

She gives me a light kiss. "I'll make it through. We both will."

I smile at her. "And you're always right."

She rolls onto her back. "Can you just leave me be for now? I just want to be alone for a little while."

"Of course," I say, but I'm scared to leave her. I stand up reluctantly, walking around to see her face, and give her another kiss. "I love you, ya know."

"I know. And I love you," she replies.

I stick my hands in my pockets and leave the room, unsure of what to do from here.

A/N: ugh yes very short, I'm sorry, I'm tired cuz it's.....*checks alarm clock*....12:22am and I don't feel like writing anything extravagant lol. I just wanted to give you guys SOMETHING, ya know? Hopefully by Christmas you'll have a Christmas chapter yay! Vote and comment, and thanks so much for (almost) 11K on "The Battle of the Highest"! ❤️