Chapter 16: A Walk and a Talk

(A/N- I changed the wedding date to be in November instead of January {chapter 7}.)

*HERMIONE*

The next day is a Hogsmeade day, so my friends and I head down behind the students to the village. We decide to step into the Three Broomsticks for butterbeers.

"Hermione," Ginny says slowly while the boys go to grab drinks, "what are you and Draco going to do about the wedding?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I think we may be here - at Hogwarts, I mean - for a while. You may have to postpone the wedding..."

I hadn't thought about that. Ginny's right though. We could end up being here for months. I'd rather have all these children - and their families - safe before I settle down.

"I'll discuss it with Draco later," I tell her.

We stay in the Three Broomsticks for a bit until the rain slows, then Draco and I separate from the group to take a walk.

"I haven't time to talk to my babe much," Draco says. "How have you been?"

"I've been okay," I say. "Been thinking about the wedding.."

"Mhmm..."

"What if we have to postpone it?"

He stops walking. "Why would we do that?"

"I mean...what if we're stuck here for a while, at Hogwarts? We can't really get married at Hogwarts."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing! Just I want to have it where we planned it."

"And I thought you could be spontaneous," he teases, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow.

"Hun, we are going to be okay," I assure him.

"So how many days?"

"Six weeks, I thought."

"You're probably right," he says with a laugh.

"Don't worry, okay?"

"Okay."

A/N: just a little sample of this story since I haven't posted in forever. I've been really busy so I'll post a longer update when I can, hang in there!