CHAPTER 9 - Blast from the past

"Mason! Breakfast is on the table" His mom knocked.

He grunted covering his face like he wasn't in the mood to get up.

I got up from the bed "Good morning" I smiled.

"Good morning Emma, Can you be kind and get Mason to come downstairs for breakfast? Thank you so much sweetheart" She closed the door behind her.

I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth washed my face, fix my messy hair, and still noticed Mason laying down. "Mason? Let's go" I nudged him.

He grunted again this time removing the sheet off of him and breathing very hard, indicating how tired he was. He walked towards the bathroom as well to freshen up. He seemed surprised I waited for him. "Oh am I going to receive this kind of treatment every morning now?" He leaned on the bathroom door smirking at me.

"Let's go fancy pants!" I yanked him by his hand. As we walked down the stairs towards the dining area there was his mother, his dad, and his brothers.

"Good morning sleepy heads. Come in let's sit down and enjoy breakfast." His father said.

"Good morning Mr. Harris" I sat down next to Mason.

"I like you. You are very polite" she smiled handing me a plate.

"Mason. What happened yesterday?" His brother looked exactly like he asked.

"Nothing. Adam is a pig he tried to rape her while she was under the influence and I don't condone that. I knew he would hurt her but I had to let her figure it out on her own" Mason said giving me the 'i told you so' look.

"Wow, so she's your assistant?" His other brother asked as if he was so interested.

"Yup. This food is so good let's just eat" Mason said.

We all finished our breakfast, I helped Mason's mom with the dishes even though she insisted that she had them. Mason went outside to go play football with his brothers which gave me some time to call my best friend.

I dialed her number and on the first ring, she answered. "EMMA! DETAILS! I HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU! When are you coming back?"

I explained what had happened last night letting her know I'll be taking a flight back to New York tonight so I'll stop at her house and she agreed to go pick me up at the airport, Sam always tended to make me smile. That's exactly why I love talking to her.

As I finished my conversation hanging up on Sam, I walked towards the backyard where Mason was. "Would you mind if I borrow Mason for just a second boys?" I said cheesing.

They nodded no jokingly. Mason made his way to me. "Hey, I'm going to take a flight to head back to New York tonight. I'll book your flight for tomorrow morning and meet you at the office."

"Actually—" He said looking back at his brothers playing football and laughing with each other than turning back to me. "I'm going to stay a few more days so I'll call you when to book my flight. You head back to New York take one more day off and go to my office, work and I'll see you then"

"Mason." I said grabbing him "I know you have Ashleigh but thanks again for saving me"

He walked towards me "Emma. You make me feel crazy about you and although you're not going to trust that right now I know my feelings towards you are growing stronger so there's no need to thank me for saving you. Just call me when you get back to New York." He smiled and walked back towards his brothers to play football.

I made my way upstairs to his room and started packing my bags. Unlocking my iPhone to book my flight to NYC. As I finished packing I felt completely exhausted and laid down to take a long nap before my flight at 8 pm so it'll take me 3 hours to get to NY from Georgia.