CHAPTER 23 - Christmas Eve.

NEW UPDATE ❤️ as I promised! Happy Labor Day🇺🇸
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mason's POV

We've been in Georgia for quite a few days now until the detectives contact me about Morgé. But as long as I can keep my Queen happy that's all that I care about, she likes being around my family.

As I sat at the dining table taking a bite of the apple while everyone was decorating the living room and kitchen. Polishing the floors I was thinking about why I never come when my mom has her annual Christmas party. I never like being a part of the helping team. It's the biggest one in the neighborhood.

"Okay. So everyone has something to do today! No excuses. Except for Emma, she's pregnant, she can only do so much" She said turning to look for Emma.

"Mason. Where's Emma?"

I looked around. "Don't know, probably sleeping."

She smiled "Okay—" She paused. "Boys, help Dad at the market, he needs to get a bunch of wine and food for this party. Decorations still need to be done in the main hallway so do that, please. Girls are with me to help me cook today but until dad comes back with the groceries we can start baking cookies and cupcakes. She turned to face my brother's wife Jenny. "Guess who's baking?" Jenny smiled at my mother.

"And then everyone must start getting ready at 6 pm and be dressed by 8:00 because that's when the guest will start to arrive" She shooed the boys "Come on don't just stand there let's go!" She began to Clap

"Brady, Michael, Aaron & Mason. This time help Dad, he's not feeling well" My mom said to me and my brothers. She says our names in order from older to youngest.

"Okay". Michael said.

"Mom, keep an eye on Preggers please" I gave her that look

"Why are you so overprotective?" Jenny said

"As if you forgot." I turned to my mom. "Mom?"

"Son. She's carrying my granddaughter, there's nothing in this world that I wouldn't do to protect them both. Now go."

I smiled. Walking out of the door walking towards the car.

"Who's driving?"

"Not me," They all said

They all turned to me.

"Stop acting like little girls and one of you take the damn wheel." My dad said and got inside the passenger's side.

They all turned to argue again "Brady your the oldest" I walked towards them pushing them. "All of you are girls. Get in the damn car."

I got inside the driver's seat and turned the ignition. Reversed to make a U-turn and drive through the gates. The market was only 15 minutes away from home. I turned on the radio to hear the song 'Jingle Bells'

"So a girl huh?" Michael asked. I took a look in the rearview mirror. "Yea."

"I'm proud of you Mason. It's been a long way since you came here. I didn't think you would get a girlfriend let alone have a kid. You were the one that we all made fun of growing up that you wouldn't find someone. But I have some news for all of you. The day that mom was talking about you and Emma at the engagement party I didn't want to let her know but I have a girlfriend and I was going to tell her but she seemed happy and I didn't want to ruin your shine but I'm completely ready."