Chapter Three

Mulai dari awal

With pants.

Webster

"So, are you going to tell me what's going on between you and Alex?" asked Brianna as she dropped a box of CD's on Webster's lap.

She rolled her eyes.

"NOTHING IS GOING ON BETWEEN ME AND ALEX. WE JUST HUNG OUT, THAT'S ALL."

She shoved a couple of Abbey Road's into the shelf, trying to ignore Brianna's sighs.

"Come on Webster! Stop pretending that you don't get the butterflies when that douche bag is around." said Brianna, sending her a smirk.

"HE'S NOT A DOUCHE BAG."

"See? You just had to defend him there."

"Leave her alone Brianna. If she says she doesn't like him, she doesn't." said Spike, coming to the rescue.

Webster sent him a thankful smile, and he gave her a wink.

"Oh come on, not you too Spike!" Brook laughed.

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" Webster typed, confused.

"First Alex, then Jack, now Spike. Webster you're such a dude magnet." she laughed, and Spike scowled at her.

"What makes you think that-"

"Oh look! He's here! And what do ya know, Jack is with him too."

Webster sent Brianna a dark look, but she ignored her and skipped off towards the two of them, smiling like the cheshire cat.

"What a lovely surprise gentlemen!" she said as she wiggled her eyebrows at them, and Webster and Spike started to laugh as Alex looked nervously at Brianna.

"Hey is Web-" started Alex, but Brianna cut him off.

"Say no more! Your princess is over there, stacking The Beatles." she said as she curtseyed in Webster's direction.

"BRIANNA IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP I'LL SHOVE THESE CD'S UP YOUR-"

"Don't make me take that laptop off you!"

Webster laughed and tried to stay cool as Alex started walking over to her. She was still kind of mad at him for completely ditching her the other day, but the minute he approached her, her anger disappeared.

He held up a CD and smiled triumphantly at her.

"I figured that you'd want to listen to a collection of Blink-182's best songs, carefully picked and burnt onto a disc by me." he said a he handed her the CD.

"AND WHAT WOULD GIVE YOU THAT IDEA?" she typed.

"I'm telepathic." he said as he leaned against a shelf.

"RIGHT. WHATEVER YOU SAY."

She went back to stacking the CD's, but then Alex was standing in front of her, blocking her.

"ANY REASON WHY YOU'RE BEING PARTICULAR ANNOYING TODAY, ALEXANDER?"

"Damn your computer voice is hot." he teased.

"DON'T LET YOUR GIRLFRIEND HEAR YOU SAYING THAT."

"Are you mad at me?"

"AND WHY ON EARTH WOULD I BE MAD AT YOU?"

"You know...because I sort of ditched you the other night."

"YOU KNOW, YOU'RE SMARTER THAN YOU LOOK. I GUESS THERE'S MORE TO YOU THAN JUST A PRETTY FACE."

"Does that mean you're forgiving me?"

"I CAN'T STAY MAD AT YOU GASKARTH."

He smiled at her, satisified.

"So does that mean you'll listen to the CD?" he asked, his eyes hopeful.

She rolled her eyes as she stacked the last CD.

"I WAS GOING TO LISTEN TO IT ANYWAY."

He smiled at her and then suddenly, the shelf he was leaning on fell over, Alex going down with it.

CRASH!

"SMOOTH ALEXANDER. VERY SMOOTH."

"Shut up you." he grumbled, his face red.

She looked over at Brianna, Jack and Spike.

They were all laughing so hard that they were nearly crying.

Alex

He walked her home that evening, even though she told him she was fine, but Alex insisted. Mostly because he didn't want to say goodbye.

"I NEARLY FORGOT TO GIVE YOU THIS."

He watched her as she clicked her laptop and a CD popped out of the CD rom.

"SINCE YOU INSIST ON GIVING ME CD'S FULL OF YOUR POP-RUNK MUSIC, I HAVE DECIDED THAT I WOULD MAKE YOU A PLAYLIST OF AMAZING SONGS." she handed him a CD with 'Webster's Tunes' written on it.

"Pop-runk, eh?"

He smiled down at it.

"So is there any One Direction on this?" He teased, knowing that she listened to One Direction secretly (thanks to Brianna).

"I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING."

They reached her house too soon. He wheeled her all the way to her front door and rang the doorbell.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Maybe I can convince Lorraine to come along to the record store." he said, sounding a little too eager.

Her face fell a little, which confused him. Suddenly the air felt colder and the warmth in the conversation disappeared, for reasons that Alex didn't know.

"Hey...what's up?" he asked as he gave her a worried look, but she shrugged him off. Then her mom opened the door and Webster disappeared inside before Alex could even say goodbye.