#Chapter 3

Jessie Carter gets the role of Ellie's brother. Even though he has only two appearances and one dialogue, he seems fine with it. It's like he just wanted to get into the play somehow. He was literally begging to Hilary. I was about to shoo him away when she laughed and said,

    'Will one dialogue do?' and he agreed happily. But why he was so desperate just to be a part of the play is still a mystery.

    l stay late in the school helping Hilary make some changes in the script according to the selected cast. My friends have left  an hour ago. Erin and Rob were willing to stay, but l told them to leave. Why make them stay because of my job?

   This is taking more time than l was expecting. We have to think about the whole script before changing anything becuse even a small change can affect everything.

    'Go home. l'll take care of the rest.' Hilary says an hour later.

    'Aren't l supposed to assist you?' l say.

    'Yes. You are my assistant which makes me your boss. l'm not asking you to go home, l'm ordering you.'

    'Are you sure?'

    'Yes, Sawyer. l don't want your parents to be worried about you.'

   Well, l've totally forgotten to consider my parents. Forget my dad, but mom will definitely be worried. l should have at least texted her.

    'Okay. Good night.' l say as l gather my stuff. l'm very tired. l've been working the whole day. l feel a little guilty about leaving Hilary all on her own to work, but the irresistible urge to throw myself on my cozy bed and get burried in the blankets overcomes that guilt. l let out a huge yawn as l exit the room.

    l have no idea where am l going as my eyelashes are feeilng so heavy that they've fallen down and my eyes are only half open. My feet are dragging me somewhere through the passage. l know l can totally trust them because l've walkes from every passage of school so many times that l can walk out even with my eyes fully closed. Well, only if no one's in my way. And l'm pretty sure that it's so late that everyone's alredy enjoying dinner at their homes. l'm not even bothering to look around.

    And that's what l do wrong. As l'm about to exit the school building, l hit something which pretty much feels like a human body and next second, l find myself lying on the floor. To be completely honest, even the floor feels comfortable enough to take a small nap right now.

    'Fuck!' I hear someone cursing loudly which wakes me up fully.

    l don't like it very much when someone says that.

    'l won't say that l never swear myself, but if you swear in front of me without any real reason l won't think twice before changing the shape of your nose.' l snap without even bothering to see who am l threatning to hit. l'm expecting an angry remark but all l hear as a reply is,

    'You're Sawyer Blake.'

    It sounds like a familiar voice. The one which l heard a few hours ago.

    l fully open my eyes and see Jessie Carter sitting between me and the door of the school building. It looks like he too, fell down when we collided with each other. He has his arms around his knees and he's sitting so casually that if anyone looked at him right now, they would think that he's on a picnic and he's having very nice chat with me. But his face says something else. He looks tired, but his eyes are spread wide. Like he's amused to see something. Or someone. And maybe that someone is me. Surprised by his amusement and the fact that he knows my name, l say,

    'l know that.' which sounds very stupid.

    'l'm Jessie Carter.' He introduces himself.  As if he needs to.