twenty eight

ѕong: тaĸə wнaт yoυ wanт - poѕт мalonə

ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴏᴠ

you, Crawford and Jake were now facing the pool with your back to the camera, the challenge and the boys.

"since Jake won the last challenge, he gets to choose which one he wants to do, then ʏ/ɴ because she was second and then Crawford."

"but first!" Kian began, "we're gonna get everyone's reaction to what is going on... three... two... one."

you turned around to see the garden area covered in ropes. there were three chairs tangled within it and Jake would be choosing which chair he wanted. Jake chose the seat furthest away from the wall and you decided to take the middle one, leaving Crawford with no choice but to stand next to the last chair.

"here we have three 200-foot ropes. each of y'all have one rope and it's tied to a chair and intertwined to these trees!" jc began tracing his fingers alongside your thread, "the aim of the game is to get your rope untangled and in a pile and, once you've done that, we will stop your time."

you turned to crawford who had a very confused look on his face. when you made eye contact, he mouthed the words 'help' with a smile spreading on his face.

"I was in Boy Scouts," said Jake, completely out of the blue, "nah, just kidding."

-

"three, two, one, go!" Jc and Kian said in unison. you began untangling as much as possible and the first few were surprisingly easy. it felt like only a few minutes before you were pulling the rope around the tree. being the first to do that didn't make you cocky as you knew that it would probably start to get more difficult.

It felt like you were moments away from releasing the chair but, before you knew it, Crawford dumped his pile onto the floor. Jake was also close behind but no panic was able to arise due to the last knot undoing.

unfortunately for Jake, he wasn't so lucky and his last knot manifested into a huge, tangled mess. you and Crawford watched from the sidelines as a usually chilled-out Jake began getting visibility stressed due to his hard work being linked back together. he kept pacing in order to keep his cool but you could hear him talking to kian and jc, "I don't know what to do. I.. I can't do it. I can't even untie my headphones."

Jake forfeited at the maximum of twenty minutes with him still being no closer to getting his rope free.

-

"alrighty, so we are at the finale of the finale of the finale," jc expressed to the camera.

"it's the last challenge we will ever do in this house and it's going to determine the winner."

"so," the boys turned to you, "you can come off your buckets now for the final time and let's go do this! we start down here."

they led you down the steps to what would determine whether you would win $25,000.