1.2 | Miniscule Detail + One Mere Touch

Start from the beginning

"And when he does, he is just..."

He is quick to cut me off, "Okay, point noted. What did he say this time?"

"More like what he observed?" I answered knowing he wasn't going to like this, "He figured out my so-called tell for when I lie."

"Seriously? Punch him for me. That's just so not fair. I, being your brother, still can't figure it out. How the hell did he do it in just four months, that too with barely ever talking to you?" He went off on his own rampage which somewhere made me smile. Looks like I just gave him his very first reason to dislike Arnav.

"Well... you did figure it out. I just convinced you otherwise."

He gasped, "You! Just you come home. I will have my revenge. I knew I was right then. Why would you do that to me?"

I laughed at how quick he changed his line of anger to me though I know he wasn't really mad. He was just saying it. "I dunno, it sounded fun at the time? Seeing you so confused had made my day. As you know, it's not every day I get the chance to be smarter than you."

Between the two of us, he was the genius born with the smarts. I had to always study my ass off but I never saw him studying and still he'd usually be at the top competing with Riddhima.

I added, "Anyway, any new girlfriend I need to know about?"

"Why won't you believe I have changed? I don't have any girlfriend! Besides, it's no fun going out with girls just to see Riddhima fume when she isn't here anymore."

I grinned, "And he finally admits it. I so knew it!"

"Doll..." He started to warn me when he realized his slip up.

"Yeah, yeah." I interjected, "I know. She won't hear of this from me ever. You know, you're a bad influence. Telling me to lie to my own best friend."

I could imagine him rolling his eyes, "It isn't a lie, doll. You're just hiding the truth. There's a difference."

"Sure there is," I agreed for the sake of it, grin still plastered on my face. The extent he went to in order to manipulate things when it comes to her. The guy is whipped. "Alright, listen. I have to go. I'll call you later."

Suddenly, I'm so hungry. My appetite is back.

"Kay, both of you take care. Love you."

I teased him, "I'll be sure to pass on that message."

"Khushi!"

I laughed while bidding and walking back towards the restaurant. It's fun to mess with him when it comes to Riddhima. "Okay, fine. I was just kidding! Bye, love you too."

I reached for the door to open it but never got around to it as it was pulled from the other side and I ran smack into Arnav. I took rapid steps away. On looking around, I noticed everyone else was coming out too. They were done eating this quickly?

The question must have been evident on my face for Riddhima informed, "We're getting late for the movie. We'll just eat after."

I pouted, "But I'm actually hungry now."

Ron asked, "Can't you hold it for two hours?"

I shook my head, "I haven't eaten anything today."

Kripa scolded, "Idiot. Why did you say you weren't hungry before then?"

"Because I wasn't then?"

Amanda pointed out, "That was barely five minutes ago."

I just shrugged my shoulder. Blame it on my changing moods. One minute, I can be at my lowest and next, happy. "How about you guys go on? I'll get something to eat and..."