3.21 | Morning Demands

Edited: September 3rd, 2020

| . . . C H A P T E R - 3. 2 1 . . . M O R N I N G - D E M A N D S . . . |

It wasn't hot, but it was the nice kind of warm in the winter morning. In an attempt to shift closer to this source of warmth, I frowned as my foot touched a cold corner of the bedsheet. Just then, an arm snugged me closer, a warm breath tickling my nape. As seconds passed, I tried to slip back into my dream state but it didn't work. Blaming the brightness seeping thrugh the floor length glass door that opened to the poolside, I groaned. I should have remembered to close the curtains.

When I started to stretch, my actions were severely restricted with something holding me down. my eyes flew open as it registered that someone's arm was around my front. One second, my first thought was Armaan given that growing up, there were countless times when he'd come into my room in the middle of the night because apparently, my bed was more comfortable than his. Two seconds later, I noted one difference that Armaan wouldn't cuddle me. He was more likely to kick me off the bed to hoard all the space. Third second, I realized I wasn't actually home. I was just dreaming about home and being back in Shimla even though mom and dad were here.

"Arnav..." I tried to slip a finger between his arm and my stomach to move it, but he only held on tighter. Fast asleep. His face nuzzled my nape. A strange smile played on my lips. It was different waking up to him and him being this carefree in this sleep, but in a good way. All the other times it had happened accidently and I wasn't counting them. This once, I knew he was going to sleep next to me.

Once again, I tried - without luck - to twist my upper body to get a look at his face even as I tried to gently wake him up. "Good morning."

"Mmm," he protested and I froze, realizing the alternate reaction of my attempt. My hips were grinding against him.

Embarrassed, I bit the inside of my cheek just as he shifted away allowing me enough space to turn on my back. Instead of moving to his side of the bed, he laid on his stomach, keeping his arm over my stomach and still hiding my face at the crook of my shoulder. Despite his upper left side of the body crushing me under him, I chuckled. "You're killing me."

His mumble was slightly incoherent and it took me a hot second to grasp his words, "No, that would be the other way around, sweet pea."

I tapped his arm, "C'mon, wake up."

That same arm tugged me even closer as he bent his arm around the elbow to slip his hand under me to rest between my back and the mattress. It was a tad bit uncomfortable. "Five more minutes.

"Do you not have any fat in your body?"

His chest rumbled in laughter. "Most girls would prefer their guys to have muscles. But, thank you for the ego boost."

Even when I knew my next words would add to that ego, I still said, "Not that the muscles aren't amazing, but not in this current position."

He brushed it off, shifting his head to peck my neck before turning just enough to quit hiding his face, "You love being close to me."

"Do you happen to have a neck fetish by any chance."

He accepted the dig given his actions lately with kissing my neck, "Anything that gets your moaning."

I swatted his bare shoulder. Bare. That is when my eyes wandered down to his shirtless body. This was on me. I had told him not to overthink it last night because I was far too sleepy to overthink it myself.

"Should I sit up so you have a better view of the abs?"

Caught, I blushed. "Shut up." I looked away and happened to catch the time displayed on the digital clock. 7:03. How is it so bright for it to only be 7?