3.14 | Ladies Day Out

Edited on August 8th, 2020

| . . . C H A P T E R . . . 3.14 - L A D I E S - D A Y - O U T . . . |

I fished for my phone the second I was out of the building. As soon as the call was answered, I let out the squeal I had been holding back, jumping around in a circle.

Arnav laughed on the other side of the phone. "I take it you got the job?"

"Yes! Yes! Oh, Arnav, I'm so, so happy. Are you at the office or home? I have to tell you everything about the interview." I gushed, turning around to glance back at the building that was going to be the place I'd spend my days at. My brows narrowed when I caught a sight of Sam walking away from his window after shaking his head. He saw me jumping around in circles. "Crap."

"What?"

"I think my boss saw me jumping around in circles in the middle of the parking lot."

Arnav went off in a laughing spree. "Only you, sweet pea. Only you."

"Oh, hush." I scolded him for teasing me, even though it may be true. "Where are you?"

"Office, but how about I meet you at Napoleon's for lunch?"

I negotiated, scrunching my nose, "Hmm, no. We always eat Pizza. You can't always be taking me out for Pizza."

"Okay, baba. You pick, where do you want to go?"

My eyes sparkled as I remembered a spot across from the office. "Raju's. That place has the best frankies." I could go for a couple Manchurian Frankies right now with extra cheese. If you don't know what those are, they are the Indian version of wraps, and let me tell you, you have not lived if you have not had them. In other words, they are also called Mumbai burritos. They are a must have type of street food.

He mocked my choice "Count on you to always suggest street food.".

I rolled my eyes, told him to shut up, and that I would see him there in twenty minutes. Without traffic, it would only be a 3-5 minute ride. But ofcourse, this is Mumbai. Even at odd hours of the night, this place is never quiet.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

As predicted, Arnav was already there when I arrived. Also as assumed, he had picked a table towards the corner window even though many booths near the front of the restaurant were empty given it was slightly early for lunch time. This was the person who preferred peace and quiet when eating, and so would look for secluded and private locations.

I walked over to the table and he seemed to be too engrossed in the menu. Or so I thought. As I pulled out the chair, he made it known. "Seven minutes."

"Yeah, yeah," I muttered in a bored tone, "Blame the traffic." He was always on time wherever he needed to be. If he'd know he'd be met with traffic, he'd make sure to account that into his trip time and leave early. Why did I fall for a guy who could be the complete opposite of me in many little things?

My conscious mocked back, "Well, too late now. You love him."

It was one of his vices I was going to have to get used to. Or better yet, he was going to have to learn to deal with my lack of punctuality.

"See anything you like?" He looked up to find me already looking at him. He must have assumed I too was looking at the menu. I didn't need to. I knew exactly what I wanted.

I fluttered my lashes at the extra sweetness in my tone. "Babe, please. I always know what I want even before I get to the restaurant."

He made a knowing face, closing the menu. "I should have known." Before I'd get the chance to remark on his comment, he moved on to question, "Am I going to finally find out which place you got the job at?"