I'm sorry

Newt called a Gathering, he said that all the keepers are to be present. I frowned, "I think we should postpone the gathering." Newt raised a brow "Why?"

They looked around as I spoke, "The Grievers practically destroyed everything, we need to salvage the remaining supplies and keep them in a safe location."

Gally placed a hand on my shoulder "Lana's right, we need to salvage what's left of our supplies. The builders and I will fix the barricades, make them taller and stronger."

Minho nodded "Good that" Gally nodded and left, Newt sighed and reluctantly agreed, Thomas and Teresa looked at each before Thomas spoke "We have an idea on how to get out of the Maze"

"Well, spit it out Tommy"
"Teresa told me that when she woke up from the coma, she had memories flashing through her mind and she said that the maze is a code."
Minho scratched the back of his head "Then why didn't you tell us that sooner?"
"We didn't know how to... " Thomas sighed.

I glanced at Teresa, she nodded as soon as she met my gaze, it was true. Minho looked at Thomas as if he was out of his mind "How the hell is the maze a code?"

Thomas and Teresa both shook their heads, "I don't know really, but we have a theory," Thomas pointed to Minho and Newt "That's why we were going to ask you something."

Newt folded his arms "And that would be?" Teresa looked at me then Newt "If you guys remember the Maze patterns, then maybe, just maybe, we can find codes to solve the maze and get out of this place."

I looked at Newt, who too looked at me then Minho. Minho's eyebrows raised at Newt, as if asking, should we tell them? Newt sighed and nodded. Thomas looked at me "What? Are we missing something here?"

Before I could speak, Minho said "We hid the Maps, Thomas." Teresa smiled "Seriously?"

I nodded and smiled "We hid the maps in a secret room in the Homestead," I pointed to Minho, "He placed fake maps in their place."

Minho nodded "All because of Alby's warning to watch over the maps, Newt assigned Lana and I to hide them." Thomas finally smiled, he was clearly excited. I hugged Teresa "If you guys have a plan, then let's go!"

As the sun started to rise, we headed towards the Homestead; away from all the chaos. "We'll need pens and wax paper" Teresa told me not to ask and just go with it. Thomas and Minho went to get wax paper from Frypan, who wasn't happy since he uses the wax paper for baking bread and he only had a few left in stock.

Newt, Teresa and I placed all of the maps on the floor, each of them had different patterns. If I was a glader, I'd go mad from memorizing all of this and running through it. It's amazing how Minho and the rest of the runners could hold themselves in the maze.

I was seated on the floor beside Newt when the two came back, Thomas told us to slim it and follow his lead. He started tracing the patterns of the map to the wax paper, then comparing them to the other. Newt was the first one to notice the clue, then I too saw it a little after him.

From the patterns on the wax paper, a darker line formed the letter "F". "We need to do more!" I exclaimed in excitement, Newt laughed beside me when I started grabbing as much maps and wax paper as I could.

"Easy there love, we don't want you to overwork yourself." He smiled as he continued his work, tracing the maps onto the wax paper in front of him "I know, but the idea of finding clues is just so..." Teresa, Thomas and Minho laughed at my loss for words.

"We're going to need more people before we go." I tilted my head at Minho, "Go where?" Thomas looked at him with wide eyes "You mean we're still going out there?!"