The Scorch Trials

"How are they?" I heard a voice ask behind me, he leaned in to look at my screen and took notes, "They're fine... We lost some of them though" My eyes trailed back to the screen in front of me.

There were different video feeds on my screen, "What about His scans?" there was a hint of sadness in his voice. I frowned and looked at my own notes, "He's depressed... At this rate, he might actually kill himself"

-

A sudden pain made me jump awake from my sleep, my eyes blinked, trying to adjust to the spot light in front of me. I lifted my hand to cover my eyes when I noticed the tubes inserted in the veins of my hand. "W-" What?

My voice was gone, what's happening?!, I remembered my dream, that was a dream, right? I wonder who were we talking about... I sighed and turned my head and I noticed that I was in a dark room, with only the spotlight to let me see my surroundings.

I was lying down on a metal bed, like the ones they use for hospitals. I tried to recall what had happened before I fell asleep. I remember fighting the Grievers, Alby d-died, I got stung... My hand unconsciously reached for the wound, it was wrapped in bandages.

It didn't hurt anymore. I sighed in relief, I remembered Gally and that woman... Gally killed Chuck, I held back the tears that were threatening to fall. I remembered soldiers coming in and killing the Woman and the other Creators, we went into a bus, someone explained what was actually happening and I fell asleep on Newt's lap...

Newt! My eyes widened, I tried to sit up but before I could sit, the door opened. I immediately laid back down and closed my eyes, I could hear footsteps coming closer "Is she awake yet?" It was the sound of a woman, not like the one I heard back in the maze, but her voice was so familiar. "Indeed she is" a man spoke in a peculiar tone that made me irritated.

"Leave me with her" she commanded, I didn't even hear the man reply but I did hear the door close. I felt the Woman near me, "Lana" Unlike her commanding tone just a minute ago, her voice sounded like sweet honey, "Lana, I know you're awake... I know that you have no memory of who you are and who I am... "

She sounded sad, regretful even, "But I want you to trust me. You have passed the first of the maze trials, but there will be more up ahead, so you must find him." She paused, as if she chose her words carefully in her mind before saying "You must find "the Guardian.""

The Guardian? I wanted to open my eyes, but i stopped myself, be cautious Lana. I heard the Woman sigh, she brushed a stand of hair off my face and then the next thing I knew, the door opened and closed.

I opened my eyes, who was she? I sat up and noticed that there were clothes on a table. I wore the comfy pants, shoes and a white tank top. I walked around the room slowly, the wound was preventing me to move as fast.

I looked at the mirror and sighed, I completely forgot about my hair. I groaned at the memory of me cutting it off to escape from Gally's grasp. I stared at myself, my hair rested unevenly on my shoulders. Well, I can't do anything about it now... I suddenly remembered what the Woman said.

There will be more trials ahead of us? But I thought we were finally free... I turned to the door and noticed a note, "Please head to the common area, it's three doors to your right, the others are waiting for you"

I smiled and opened the door, I hope that everyone was alright. I slowly made my way to the room, my side leaning to the wall for slight support. I noticed that at the sides were lockers.

But I didn't pay much attention to them when I felt another sudden pain in my head, the pounding feeling made it difficult to breathe, I slid down the floor as the pain took over.