The Sacrifice

"Are you sure about this?" The lady in front of me smiled "Why of course dear! The more challenges, the better!" I frowned. "I-I understand." I typed in the code as three letters came out. E-F-C.

The rumbling in my stomach made wake up. It was hard to sleep without eating, but it was harder to stay awake. I sat up and noticed that Newt fell asleep.

I shook him, "Newt, I need to tell you something" his eyes fluttered open "What is it?" He looked up at me, his eyes widened in shock. "What happened Lana?"

I didn't notice that I was crying until he brushed away a tear, I frowned and buried my face into his bare chest, he wrapped his arms around me "I... I did this"

"Did what?" His voice was softer now, "Its like how Thomas and Teresa made the maze... I made this part of the trials" I whispered, Newt held me even tighter.

"Look Lana, who you were back then doesn't matter. Who knows, we were probably all from WICKED and all of us had created a part of these trials" my tears stopped, I pulled away from his chest.

Newt smiled and pecked my lips, I blushed at his sudden boldness. "I love you" he whispered. When I finally calmed down, I gave Newt back his shirt, since my tank top wasn't see through anymore. But before he wore it, I saw something behind his neck.

"Newt. Wait, turn around" he turned around, I saw that he had the same tattoo as me "Property of WICKED. Group A Subject A5-The Glue"

"What does that mean?" I smiled "Maybe... because you're the glue that keeps us all together?" He Frowned "Property of WICKED, huh..."

I stared at him as he placed on his shirt and hummed, Newt raised a brow "What's wrong now?" I shrugged before heading out the door "I liked it better without the shirt"

Seeing the tattoo on his nape for the first time made me realize how vulnerable we were. Newt and I raced to the common room and saw that the gladers were having a gathering, most of them were topless to the fact that their shirts were soaking wet. Newt sighed "Put on some shirts. You're making Lana uncomfortable"

The Gladers rushed, Minho crossed his arms, "Do you have one too?" Newt nodded, "The Glue" he announced. Minho half heatedly laughed and frowned "The Leader" everyone else announced their titles except for Thomas, who wasn't even in the room. Minho pointed to their room, "He's inside" Newt nodded and tried to talk to Thomas.

I sat between Minho and Aris, Minho was in deep thought so I decided to talk to Aris, "Thanks by the way" I smiled at him, Aris blinked before shaking his head "I should be the one thanking you... and saying sorry." I tilted my head in confusion.

He sighed "I shouted at you when you were trying to keep me alive, sorry" I smiled "It's fine, now we're even" Aris nodded, "So what's your tattoo? This is mine" he turned around; I pulled down his collar and saw that it was the same title as the plate on his door.

"This is mine" I did the same, I could tell that he was confused by the lack of words, "It's not the same" I nodded "Subject WCKD... I'm not even their property" Aris furrowed his brows "But you don't have any memories too?" "None, when I got to the Glade, I only knew my name and Newt's"

Aris raised a brow "Newt? You mean that blonde British dude you're always with?" I leaned back on my chair "Yeah", I could hear Thomas and Newt's voices getting closer and closer until they appeared through the door. "So, what were we talking about?"

Minho finally snapped out of his thoughts "We were trying to think of a time where they could have place the tattoos on us" It couldn't have been while we were asleep, before I woke up, Newt and Thomas were awake, and I didn't sleep after that kiss. It must have been sometime before that.