Fine Wine

The skeleton snarled as a golden-tinted black tentacle swiped under his chin. The creature it was connected to giggled excitedly. The skeleton didn't like that it looked like him. "Didn't we already deal with you??" The creature giggled out, twisting his head upside down. The skeleton spat at him and the monster jumped in surprise before grinning widely. "Oooooh!!"

The monster leaned in. "What is it that the other Sanses call you?? Wine? They call you Wine? Well, I'm Shattered Dream!" The monster introduced himself with a shockingly wide grin. Wine scowled. He had already sent Papyrus away with the rest of the town, even though it had been clear that Papyrus hadn't wanted to leave him.

Wine blinked and shot a glare behind him to the other creature holding him with blood-red tentacles. It blinked at him with glowing red eyes. "Well?? Who the hell is THAT?!" He spat, hissing. The other creature looked like a human, but it was completely red. All over. He turned back to Shattered Dream, clearly demanding answers.

To his shock, Shattered Dream shrugged. "I don't actually know its name!" He giggled. "Don't even think it has one!" Wine was shocked and honestly angered by the other's ignorance. He didn't even know the name of his own comrade?! Wine snarled and tried to yank away, but the human-creature's tentacles tightened around his wrists and ankles.

He shot it another furious glare and it stared back with indifference. Wine scowled. Shattered Dream had already taken HIS red scarf and given it to the human-creature, who was wearing it like some kind of trophy. He didn't like the way it seemed fascinated by the scars over his one eyesocket. He was blind in one eye, after all.

The usually busy town of Snowdin was completely empty besides the three of them. Wine didn't understand. Where was his damn Guard?? The soldiers HE had trained?! He burned in fury and his eye lit up. Bones shot up from the ground, causing Shattered Dream to jump and he teleported away. Wine jolted as he felt a tentacle wrap around his neck with horrifying pressure and flinched. The bones went down and the tentacle loosened its grip, but remained around his throat.

Shattered Dream screamed again as Wine's eye stopped glowing. More bones had shot up and managed to nick the creature. Wine tensed, ready for the human-creature to tighten around his throat again, but he noticed it looking around with wide eyes. "Stop it!!" Shattered Dream hissed at him. 

Wine blinked. It hadn't been him. On one hand, he was angry, but on the other, he couldn't help but be relieved. Papyrus hadn't left. Shattered Dream was convinced it was him, but Wine could tell that the human-creature was much more perceptive. He could see it scanning the buildings. He growled and started to struggle. All of the tentacles tightened.

All of a sudden, Wine yelped as he was yanked backwards towards the human-creature. It held him close as a glowing circle of floating bullets formed around it. They all spiraled in place, facing out towards the buildings. Shattered Dream chuckled and ducked.

Wine shrieked as all of the bullets shot outwards with loud bangs and witnessed the one-handed destruction of the town he'd come to call his own. The buildings and trees had been decimated around him. There was still no sign of Papyrus, but Wine knew he was nearby. And it seemed the human-creature could sense that too.

Wine was in shock at the raw power. What WAS this thing?? He blinked. If it had had proper training, it would've made a fantastic Guard member. He growled. Shattered Dream reappeared and stood quietly, his eyes closed. His tentacles perked and twitched.

The human-creature suddenly jerked and Wine cried out as he saw it pull another struggling skeleton out of the rubble. His brother's hood was down, but the golden braces on his jaw remained. His notebook was gone. His gold and black hoodie currently read Soldier Boy. He glared down at the human-creature.

Wine blinked as the human-creature tipped its head. Slowly, it turned to look at Shattered Dream and gurgled. Shattered Dream seemed surprised. "What's wrong, friend??" He asked, his smile twitching. The human-creature continued to stare and Shattered Dream seemed to understand, even without words. "Oh!! Are you sure??"

The human-creature gave a nod, glancing back  at the both of them. "Then let's try!!" Shattered Dream giggled. He turned to look up at them. "It's seen your Guard! It believes that you pride yourself in honor!" He explained, his tentacles swaying excitedly. Wine glared, but he was right. What of it? "It wants to be honorable and allow you a fair fight!!"

Wine jumped as its tentacles stretched and placed the two of them across from their enemies. Slowly, the tentacles released them before snapping back to the other like a rubber band. Immediately, Wine felt his brother next to them and looked over to see Papyrus, his face contorted in worry as he fiddled with his fingers. He also seemed ashamed.

"I told you to leave with the town!" Wine snapped. Papyrus flinched and looked down. Wine stared at him before sighing. "Well, since you disobeyed my orders, I guess I have no choice but to fight by you now." He stated, crossing his arms. Papyrus blinked before looking up and nodding meekly.

Wine turned back to face the two creatures, Papyrus by his side. Now that he thought about it, he'd never actually seen Papyrus FIGHT. He knew the other could summon bone attacks but that was about it. Wine scowled.

He summoned a gaster blaster, the large skull materializing over them. It only had one eye in the center of it, to mirror his own semi-blindness, but as far as Wine was concerned, it would only need one. Shattered Dream giggled and hunched down into an attacking position as the human-creature blinked.

Then, to Wine's alarm, the human-creature began to summon its own makeshift gaster blaster, made from millions of its glowing bullets, each one spinning into formation. He grinned. "I do appreciate a fair fight. But this seems a little one-sided, considering we will be unstoppable!" He jeered.

Shattered Dream blinked, staring at him with such an incredulous grin, Wine snarled. Shattered Dream broke out in wild laughter and Wine hissed. "Let's begin!!"