Founder's Day

Chapter Twenty

"Would you like one?" Damon asked Stefan as he poured him and me a drink. He handed me a glass and I sat down on the couch. Damon was such a bad influence. I had never drinken before I even met him. And the first time I did have alcohol it was with him in Georgia, which was cute, Georgia-Georgie. Anyways I ended up drunk and since I've had bourbon with him a couple of times.

"Say it, whatever it is. Purge. Get it out," Damon told Stefan who was now in the parlor and walking around.

"It's about what Isobel said," Stefan replied. My eyes widened. I didn't want to be here for this talk. I didn't ever want to think about what Isobel said again. I took a big gulp of my drink as I looked at Damon as he spoke, "What about it?"

"Well, I know that you and Elena bonded. And I know that she cares about you and I know you care about her."

"Well, this is going in an interesting direction," I mused. I thought they'd be throwing each other across the room right now. Stefan chuckled at what I said, sending me a smile. Then he trurned his attention back to Damon, being serious once again, "I'm just concerned about Elena being hurt. She considers you a friend."

"Same here. Elena is a very good friend," Damon stated. "Actually, she might qualify as my only friend besides Georgie. Is that a problem?"

"So at the risk of soundling like a, um... like a jealous boyfriend-" Stefan began talking.

"Oh, there's no risk. You do," Damon interrupted, smirking. I rolled my eyes. He's such dick. Can't he see this was a serious matter?

"History will not be repeating itself where Elena's concerned," Stefan finished. "Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"Sure," Damon shrugged. "Sure."

"Do you understand?" Stefan repeated more sternly, flashing infront of Damon, who had turned his back to his brother as if dismissing the subject completely.

"Whatever you say, man. I mean, honestly, we're just friends," Damon replied, moving away a bit. "And as her friend I wasn't looking forward to telling her the truth anyway. So I'll let you do it." What?

"What truth?" Stefan asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"About John. I know you guys don't like to keep secrets from each other."

"What are you talking about?" I questioned this time, wanting him to get to the point. It was late. I was tired and wasn't going to bed till I knew both boys came out alive after this conversation took place.

"Am I the only one around here who has the ability to put two and two together? Isobel. Hello?" Damon called. Isobel and John? We knew they knew each other already.  Where was he going with this. What does this have to do with Elena?

Stefan shrugged in response, equally as lost as me. "She dated John when she was 15. She gets pregnant and ends up at the doctor's office of John's brother. Now, what do you think John's role is in all this? I mean, go ahead, think about it. I'll wait. Did you get it? You there yet? Hm?" Damon asked.

"So you think that John is Elena's father?" Stefan asked.

"Ding-ding-ding-ding!" Damon sang. Stefan scoffed while I finished my drink. Yup, thanks Damon. This was going to be more problems in the future. Poor Elena. John sucked as her uncle. I'm sure she didn't want him to be her biological father.

"What proof do you have?" Stefan asked. Really? You need proof. Damon was right. He had to be. It was all adding up now. It made complete sense. I didn't doubt it for a minute.