03|Royalty Friendship

Start from the beginning

"If everyone could please be seated. This assembly is now in session." A voice sounded over the speakers .

"That is the future calling. Such a pleasure." T'Challa smiled looking at the two women "Thank you." Natasha walked away and Freya turned to follow before King T'Chaka stopped her "Princess Freya." She turned to look at him and their eyes met. His eyes seemed to tell her that everything was going to be okay, that Wakanda would support her. But there was something else, as if he was telling her a secret.

And like that, he let go of her arm and allowed Freya to walk away. And just like that Freya promised herself that she'd help him if he needed her to, just like he would help her.

The Wakandan king walked towards the podium and tapped the microphone before he started his speech "When stolen Wakandan vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy. Those men and women killed in Nigeria, were part of a goodwill mission from a country too long in the shadows. We will not, however, let misfortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative."

T'Challa spotted something outside and roughly shook Freya's shoulder, making her look at him oddly before she saw what he saw.

"Wakanda is proud to extend its hand in peace."

"EVERYBODY GET DOWN!" T'Challa shouted as he jumped towards his father, Freya throwing up her hands to create a shield, to protect those who wanted to see her burn on a stake. The explosion racked the building and Freya was thrown back by the impact.

When the Asgardian opened her eyes, she was met with her heart clenching sight. T'Challa cried as he held onto his father's body. Freya pushed herself up and stumbled towards the two Wakandans as Nidhogg landed on her shoulder. A paramedic tried to grab Freya but she snapped her fingers at him, making him walk away.

She dropped onto her knees and closed her eyes as she rested her hand on T'Chaka's chest. Her hand retracted as T'Challa sobbed cradling the body of the former king in his arms. Freya wrapped her arms around him, even if he struggled against it.

The next moments were practically a blur as medics ushered the people outside and checked them over for injuries, Freya refusing with her healing factor. The others needed it more than she did.

When the suspect of the attack was revealed as James Buchanan Barnes, Freya had shut herself off. Bucky couldn't do something like that. No, not her Bucky. Not even if they had brainwashed him for 70 years. He couldn't do something like that. She refused to believe that.

"I'm very sorry." Natasha whispered softly, both to Freya and to T'Challa, who was gently brushing his fingers over a silver ring that had belonged to his dad not even an hour prior "In my culture death is not the end. It's more of a . . . stepping-off point. You reach out with both hands and Bast and Sekhmet, they lead you into the green veldt where . . . you can run forever." T'Challa spoke almost as if he wanted to convince himself that it was okay.

"That sounds very peaceful." Natasha tried as Freya briefly thought of the halls of Valhalla where Frigga and Loki were. She wondered if they were waiting for Freya, Thor and Odin, if they were watching over them, hoping that they had to wait for a long time before they would reunite "My father thought so. I am not my father." T'Challa snapped Freya from her thoughts as he slid the silver ring onto his finger.

"T'Challa. Task force will decide who brings in Barnes." Natasha sounded slightly alarmed as she realised the man would want revenge on the innocent man that was blamed for his father's death "Don't bother, Miss Romanoff. I'll kill him myself." He looked at Freya one last time, almost apologetic before walking away.

"Freya, I'll be right back, just stay here okay?" Natasha looked at Freya who nodded faintly and Natasha walked away a bit before answering her phone.

Freya's teary eyes looked at a bunch of flowers that had grown between the pavement. They seemed so mundane, so calm. And it wasn't the first time, and it surly wasn't the last time that Freya wondered if there would ever be peace. A peace where no one had to sacrifice themselves and those that took a stand didn't have to completely break down for the promise of something that wouldn't last.

When did it end?

When did it start?

Those two questions ran through her head as she saw a screen inside an electronics store show the face of Bucky, probably blaming him for the explosion.

A/N:
My poor babies!!

Freya and Bucky finally get to reunite soon!! And you know a lot of stuff around it like Zemo and the Accords. Honestly I am so exited to write T'Challa and Freya's friendship and Barnesdottir of course. And I really wanted to include the deleted scene with Natasha because she deserves everything and more!

Dedication to hoteldenouement, bev_tucker and charlieq2014 for their countless support on the series, chatting with me through my crazy plot ideas, some that have been/will be used and others that were thrown out.

Dedication to hoteldenouement, bev_tucker  and charlieq2014  for their countless support on the series, chatting with me through my crazy plot ideas, some that have been/will be used and others that were thrown out

Feels post that inspired the flashback

[Word Count:1998]