24|Vili's Legacy

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"You and Atlas are one and the same,my dear

my dear. Cursed to hold a weight you
can't bear and still standing, not because
you can but because you have to."
~m.h.
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

~6 MONTHS POST SNAP~

Freya looked at her hair that swirled around her in a white cloud. Small bubbles left Freya's lips as she moved her hands down to swim to the top, towards the blood red surface. Freya's white dress clung to her body, making her movements more sluggish.

The Asgardian's lungs started to burn as she propelled herself up, desperate to reach the surface, but her movements didn't seem to help her. Pure panic washed over Freya as she desperately tried to reach the surface. Freya's movements started to slow, perhaps it was better to give up.

Slowly Freya seemed to be pulled towards the dark depths, a hand reached out for her. Freya's eyes widened as she quickly extended her hand and grabbed ahold of the hand. The hand quickly pulled Freya up and towards the surface, out of the water.

Freya gasped as she laid on the bank, her white hair hung around her in wet strands with her white dress soaked. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you properly Freya Odinsdottir," A soothing female voice spoke as Freya looked up at the woman, her chest still heaving. "Thank you."

Freya stood up wobbly as the bald woman only looked at her. "If I may, who are you?" Freya looked up at the woman who smiled kindly. "I am the Ancient One, the former Sorceress Supreme. You have met my successor, Doctor Stephen Strange," The woman sounded oddly calm and comforting. "Pleasure to meet you." Freya tucked some of her white hair behind her ear as she looked at the Ancient One.

The woman glanced at Freya. "Do you know why you are here?" Her voice acting as a soothing balm to Freya. "No. Could you please explain it to me?" Freya asked before the Ancient One moved her hands in various shaped, before a dark stain appeared in the sky in front of Freya, almost as if it were a projection.

"Freya, you are connected to te Soul Stone," The orange Infinity Stone appeared. "You may think now that your powers are getting out of control but it's quite the opposite. Many years ago, when you were but a newborn baby. Odin brought you to my predecessor, he wished to block your powers. A way to keep you safe," The image of a Master of the Mystic Arts appeared on the stain as it held a small light blonde baby.

"It did temporarily, it saved you from going mad, like Vili. When the snap occurred, that spell was broken." Freya frowned at the information. "So, I....This is what my real powers are....?" Freya looked around the Soul World, the screaming voices in her head only seemed worse. "Yes, and I will help you control them." The Ancient One stepped forward as she put a hand on Freya's forehead and pushed another one against the short woman's chest.