03|Royalty Friendship

Start from the beginning

Steve sighed and bowed his head "Just because it's the path of least resistance doesn't mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together." Natasha spoke, it almost seemed she wished  to convince herself "What are we giving up to do it?" Natasha sighted, not wanting to answer.

"You know, after everything happened with S.H.I.E.L.D., during my little hiatus, I went back to Russia and tried to find my parents." Natasha started, making Steve and Freya look at her "Two little gravestones by a chain linked fence. I pulled some weeds and left some flowers." Natasha looked up briefly at her two friends for a second before lightly pulling her lips into a small smile "We have what we have when we have it."

Out of the three of them, Freya realised that she was the only one that still had a parent. Steve's dad had passed away before the boy could even remember anything, his mom passing away in his teenage years. Natasha hadn't known her parents, having grown up in the Red Room for most of her childhood. But Freya wondered if she still did. After all, Odin's actions had torn their little family apart, making Loki angry, which led to the attack on New York and many things that were still an affect of it. Odin had seemed different the last time they spoke, perhaps she should go to visit him again.

"I'm sorry, Nat, Freya. I can't sign it." Steve apologised "You needn't apologise, we know." Freya rested her hand on Steve's bicep in a comforting manner, making Nidhogg move in her coat "Then what are you doing here?" Steve asked confused, looking at his two friends "We didn't want you to be alone."

"Come here."

They shared a group hug and lingered for a few seconds before they pulled away and the two women walked away, leaving their friend alone.

Later in Vienna.

Freya stood off in a corner, trying to avoid the many disapproving looks she got. Freya knew what they all meant. Wanda's mistake had put both of them down as 'monsters'. People feared that which they did not understand, and they did not understand Freya and Wanda's powers. How could they? Freya didn't even understand her powers herself. Neither did Wanda.

A mop of all to familiar red hair caught Freya's attention, and she immediately made her way towards her friend, who seemed to be speaking to a tall, dark skinned man.

"That alone makes me glad you're here, Miss Romanoff." The man said looking down at Natasha before his dark, yet kind eyes flickered to Freya "Princess Freya." He bowed a little, his posture and movements already tolled Freya enough, the man was royalty "It is a pleasure to meet you..." Freya trailed off as she straightened her back from her curtsy "Prince T'Challa." Silently the two seemed to let their titles fall away, knowing the burdens of being a national symbol of royalty.

"Why? You don't approve of all this?" Natasha asked, interrupting the moment "The Accords, yes. The politics, not really. Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred."

"Unless you need to move a piano." Another dark skinned man walked up to the trio as T'Challa turned to look at him, positively revealing the man's identity "Father." King T'Chaka smiled kindly at his son before his gaze drifted to the two women he was talking to "Son. Miss Romanoff. Princess Freya."

"King T'Chaka. Please, allow me to apologize for what happened in Nigeria." Natasha smiled politely as she apologised "Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all this. I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers will not be joining us today." T'Chaka said "Yes, so am I." Natasha nodded softly.