Chapter 22 : Just 'Us'

Start from the beginning

For her, nothing mattered to her more than his well-being. And she meant it, with all her heart. And no one could be as happy as her by his positive recovery.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sanskar had been thinking, and rethinking from quite some days. About all the recent events, and everything else that had been taking place in his and her... or rather say their lives.

"Do you know, that you look like a small innocent girl whenever you smile!"

"A small 'innocent' girl, seriously Sanskar?"

"Okay, don't wanna believe me, don't. But I'm speaking the truth. And I'm serious!"

"Well, then thanks to you. Because somewhere, you are the reason behind this smile."

A smile came on his face. He couldn't be happier that even she slowly realised and acknowledged her feelings for him.

"You know, I really mean it when I say that you look absolutely cute when you blush!"

The day when he told her that, which was hardly two days ago, he had seen how much he affected her, or rather, she was affected by him. The way she blushed after he said she might be his love.

"Why can't you see me hurt Swara?"

"Because I care about you Sanskar. Very much. And today when I... when I saw those men hitting you from the back and when you fell down, for a second I thought that I... I will lose you forever!"

"Thank God you are fine! Nothing will happen to you, not when I'm there with you! I will not let anything happen to you."

From days, he had seen it all -- from her getting scared to death when all that catastrophe with those goons happened to her extreme care and affection that her eyes beheld only and only for him.

All of this was enough for him to come out of his doubts and to the ultimate conclusion -- Swara also loved him the same way he loved her.

And right now, he had thought of something.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

"AAAHHH!"

A loud noise came out from the washroom and Swara immediately got up from her place, freaked out by the sudden shriek of her best friend who was inside.

"Anushka, are you okay?!" She called out in fear.

But all she could hear was her best friend's moans. Swara felt pained and scared... something was wrong!

She kept everything aside and made her way towards the washroom. No sooner she banged the door open, a shock awaited her as Anushka was lying sprawled on the floor, holding her back, winced out of pain.

"ANUSHKA!" Swara yelled in shock and immediately squatted down near her and held her, "What happened? Are you okay?!"

"I slipped..." she somehow managed to say as she felt pain passing through her whole body. "It's difficult for me to get up. Please help, Swara."

"Of course. Come on, be strong."

A few moments passed by with Swara helping Anushka in getting up, and after a few painful moments, she helped her walk outside the washroom. After coming out, she made her sit on the bed comfortably. She still felt pain in her whole body.

Swara hurried and handed her a glass of water to drink, "drink this."

She took the glass and gulped down the water. Her face contorted in pain.

"How come you slipped, Anushka?! You should have been careful!" She said worriedly and took care of her friend.

"I know..." She managed to speak, "I was just leaving after washing my face and then I don't know how but I lost my balance and slipped. My back is hurting, Swara, and I'm hundred and ten percent sure that my ankle too must have got sprained."